Is Oscar Klefbom more important to the Oilers than people realize?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not a good sign that the team collapses without him. If you need perfect health and everything to go right in order to make the playoffs then it's not a good team.

I don't think it's any huge secret that Chiarelli hasn't built a great overall team.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yes. Klefbom is the only legitimate top pairing dman on this team. Hell, he might even be the only dman who's top 4 quality.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
When a team with 5 good players loses one of those 5 good players it is indeed a problem

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I mean any team losing their best D would hit hard. Unless you have insane D depth which the Oilers do not. But yes to answer your question, he is very important.

This. Klefbom averages over 25 minutes a night, meaning he's out there for almost half the game. That's an awful big piece to be missing, even more so on a team that's not real deep at D.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Klefbom is one of the really underrated players in this league. He was arguably the best player in the 2017 playoff series between the Sharks and Oilers that featured 2 Lindsay finalists.

I ****ing hate the Oilers but I can’t deny that Klefbom and McDavid are two absolute units.

I'm also going to admit that Klefbom would easily be the 2nd best Dman on the Flames roster both this season and during the season the Flames made the playoffs.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
To answer the topic question, absolutely. Klefbom is a very solid defenseman. He reminds me of young Edler who always brought immense stability to the backend, even if their offensive games left you a lil bit hungry

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s their best Dman and one of only two legitimate top 4 guys they have on their roster, of course losing him hurts.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He's a legit top pair guy. High end #2 or low end #1 that is great in his own zone, plays a crazy amount of ice time and is able to contribute offensively at a decent clip (40+point pace). One of the most underrated dmen in the league, on a steal of a contract as well.

Hell yeah we miss him. He's our #1 guy on the backend and rn we have no one close to as good as him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad