Is OLN's plan to become a national "Comcast Sports Network"

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
And is the OLN the beginning of that? I know that it's been mentioned that OLN is planning to change its name, and that they're bidding on other sports franchise's cable rights. The question is: Will they take those bids that they win and rebuild OLN into a US national CSN? Has anyone heard word about anything like this officially from anyone connected to OLN? Thanks.

DeleteThisAccount

May 3, 2004
And eating brains
www.southcape.org
no13matssundin said:
And is the OLN the beginning of that? I know that it's been mentioned that OLN is planning to change its name, and that they're bidding on other sports franchise's cable rights. The question is: Will they take those bids that they win and rebuild OLN into a US national CSN? Has anyone heard word about anything like this officially from anyone connected to OLN? Thanks.
SportsNet is pretty successful in all of its markets, so I'd say that it is indeed their plan. Comcast is probably using OLN and the NHL deal as catalysts to the whole process and if they land another sports package (say, the NFL two-day deal that's been tossed around), it could take off rather well. I would imagine that the existing regional markets would merge programming with the national network, like with broadcast sports.

abracanada

Aug 29, 2004
We have OLN in Canada. Just wondering if they will be playing NHL games here as well. It would be very popular, guaranteed.

Verbal Kint*

abracanada said:
We have OLN in Canada. Just wondering if they will be playing NHL games here as well. It would be very popular, guaranteed.
Canadian broadcast rights still belong to TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad