Is Nikita Scherbak ready to make the jump?

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
After seeing him play yesterday, I believe it is not out of question to see Nikita Scherbak get at least 6 games in the NHL. He's a big guy, and has the hockey sence. Any toughts of keeping him? Based on his play, he does not seem to be raw... Actually played better than Sekac

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
no. he might get 6 games but i would be exetremely surprised. Let him dominate the W and then go to the dogs

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
I know it was a scrimmage, but he was better than Sekac... I am not convinced just yet with Sekac.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
When was the last time we gave a prospect a 6-games tryout? I honestly can't remember. Even Latendresse didnt get one after his crazy good preseason.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Unless he really fires it up like nobody expects him to, it's much safer for his development to go play a second junior season. Especially if he's traded to a good team.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
considering with who he played and the fact that it was his first season in north america,

Maybe not but when your 40pts above the next scorer on your team during your rookie season its something

Of course it is impressive, but the post was about dominating the WHL and finishing 40 points below the point leader isn't dominating the WHL.

He was dominating his team though.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Of course it is impressive, but the post was about dominating the WHL and finishing 40 points below the point leader isn't dominating the WHL.

He was dominating his team though.

Id prefer to see him on a contending team hopefully he gets traded

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Hell nah, didn't really dominate in any of the dev camp scrimmages earlier this summer. I'd say he had his best game this week with the pros which is great and all but I'd be surprised if he really stood out as an 18 yr old for the rest of camp.

Absolutely great pick though, 1st rounders who have top 6 potential are always so much more fun to follow. I think two years will do this kid wonders.

Ceiling is DD lite but as a winger :sarcasm:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Let him play out his junior career at least. As much as people want to see him make the jump, himself included, let him play out his Junior years. Let him play without the pressure of trying to make the team at 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00