[Is] NHL center ice now unrecordable?

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
Last year i bought center ice so i could watch my team play. This year when i tried to setup the game to record, got a warning "this channel is unrecordable". I called my cable provider about it. They replied that it is a new NHL policy to make games non-recordable.

Anyone having the same issue? Is it the NHL or is my cable TV provider jerking me around?

I have not been able to find anything on-line about the record ability of center ice.

For me there is no point in having center ice if i can't record the games that i am not home for or can't finish due to living in the east while my team plays in the west.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Call Bettman. He has a radio show every week that should be starting back up soon. You can make your case to somebody who has the power to make sure it gets addressed.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Call Bettman. He has a radio show every week that should be starting back up soon. You can make your case to somebody who has the power to make sure it gets addressed.

Started yesterday.

Thursday 6pm ET/3pm PT. NHL.com, NHL Home Ice (XM 204/Sirius 208).

Fugu

Last year i bought center ice so i could watch my team play. This year when i tried to setup the game to record, got a warning "this channel is unrecordable". I called my cable provider about it. They replied that it is a new NHL policy to make games non-recordable.

Anyone having the same issue? Is it the NHL or is my cable TV provider jerking me around?

I have not been able to find anything on-line about the record ability of center ice.

For me there is no point in having center ice if i can't record the games that i am not home for or can't finish due to living in the east while my team plays in the west.

I have CI through DirecTV. I just recorded a part of a game to see if it worked. It worked.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'm on Comcast. (There is *one* HD channel)

Tuned into Washington-Atlanta game (looking for updates on goalie who collapsed while penalty was whistled at other end). Recording fine. It's in SD and I can record.

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks to those that checked on recording. I can record other channels just not center ice. Watching the game is ok. Wonder if this has something to do with the free preview going on. Takes a good five minutes before i can watch a CI channel. You know the "subscribe to this channel" BS message.

Looks like this is a cable company issue. More than a little pissed at my provider.

Might be time to call up Direct TV....

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I have Verizon and recorded the EDM game last night with no problems.

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Bizarre - I recorded OTT/WSH last night, and I could watch the recording, but was unable fast forward, pause or rewind anything. Anytime I tried, it just reverted right back to the beginning. May have just been a one-off issue. I'm with Shaw in Canada

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Rogers in Ontario, and I have no problem with recording the games. If they did put an end to recording I would no longer be a customer. I'm an Oiler fan and tend to watch games from 4:30-6:00AM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad