Is Next Sunday a realistic date to get this thing solved???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I would think so. I would think that since they are meeting over the weekend now, this is over on either Sunday-Wednesday.

They are most likely putting the bow on the CBA now to get it ready for the presentation.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Scugs said:
I would think so. I would think that since they are meeting over the weekend now, this is over on either Sunday-Wednesday.

They are most likely putting the bow on the CBA now to get it ready for the presentation.

I agree but I wish the 2 sides would provide Some info on the progress so we dont need to hear all these BS experts throwing out BS dates

honsetly

should we even believe that thet will even agree in principal next week??

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
They'll get it done before the BOG meeting on Monday. The BOG will ratify it then, players will on Tuesday or Wed. Formal news conference Thursday or Fri.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yes. Because even players are saying that its over.

But..

They said that back in February.

No.. It's over now. For sure. By this time next week it'll be all trade rumors.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
There will be a press release the deal has been signed in principle between the sides anytime from Sat-Wed (Wed being the LATEST), Press conference about this will be a day or 2 later, then it will take 5-7 days(from the press RELEASE) for the ratification which will 100% go through. That is the day this damn thing will be officially OVER.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Buffaloed said:
They'll get it done before the BOG meeting on Monday. The BOG will ratify it then, players will on Tuesday or Wed. Formal news conference Thursday or Fri.
There is no BOG meeting. It's an NHL exec. council meeting (it's a smaller group). They'll be looking over the CBA (provided the lawyers can hammer it out by then) and then make a presentation for the BOG. If they toss the raw document in the owner's laps this thing will take a month to ratify. I'd venture the 'PA will go through a similar process because tossing a 600+ legal document at 700+ players will be even more time consuming.

EDIT - the NHL executive council/committee is a different group than the BOG right? I'm having doubts all of a sudden, but usually when they've been talking of the big issues they have always used the term Board of Governors. Is there a smaller group (10 guys or so) that makes up the executive council or am I having delusions again?

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And I think that someone said in one of the articles that the draft lottery would either take place at the announcement or very soon after.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
norrisnick said:
EDIT - the NHL executive council/committee is a different group than the BOG right? I'm having doubts all of a sudden, but usually when they've been talking of the big issues they have always used the term Board of Governors. Is there a smaller group (10 guys or so) that makes up the executive council or am I having delusions again?

The NHLPA has an executive council, its equivalent for the NHL is the BOG.

ResidentAlien*

Scugs said:
Yes. Because even players are saying that its over.

But..

They said that back in February.

No.. It's over now. For sure. By this time next week it'll be all trade rumors.
Im with ya Scugs, but I swear we all said/read the same stuff last week,,,and the week before....J.H.C. I hope you're right, I really don't want to up my dose of Prinivil again

Edit congrats on the 1k club:)

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
ResidentAlien said:
Im with ya Scugs, but I swear we all said/read the same stuff last week,,,and the week before....J.H.C. I hope you're right, I really don't want to up my dose of Prinivil again

The more that I think about it the more I start to doubt it will happen...

I can't stop thinking about it though.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Phil Parent said:
Ah, damnit.

Wednesday. There. I'm saying Wednesday.

Hey, I just joined the 100 Posts group. No love? I did post about a thousand on Usenet, though.

100 freekin post????

U srt8 trippin thug

can i say u needz to getz out morz???
HUH????.....YA!!!!!!!!! SO HOLA!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad