Is Morin Top 6 worthy a Year from now?

Retail1LO*

I think he's going to go the way of the Hayes', and probably even more prospects in our pipeline. Just not enough roster spots to play everyone. I'd love to see Morin get a chance on the 2nd line and a power play unit, but who's spot he takes is beyond me.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think he's going to go the way of the Hayes', and probably even more prospects in our pipeline. Just not enough roster spots to play everyone. I'd love to see Morin get a chance on the 2nd line and a power play unit, but who's spot he takes is beyond me.

No way. He will play a decent amount this year and we will probably have 2-3 wing spots open next year. He is by far our best wing prospect.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

I agree with Taze Em. Morin's cap hit is only $800,000 (which is fantastic for his abilities), and as you already know, we're going to need affordable players going forward.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I agree with Taze Em. Morin's cap hit is only $800,000 (which is fantastic for his abilities), and as you already know, we're going to need affordable players going forward.

Yea 2 of Versteeg, Sharp, Bickell are going to probably be gone. Morin is the only wing ready to go as it stands right now. Of course you can move Smith up the lineup, but Morin is just ideal in that 3W spot.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
It's possible, but for the next 2 years I can only see him topping out on the 3rd line (and he seems to have the game to excel there).

I do think that Saad/Shaw/Smith, Bickell/Shaw/Smith, or Morin/Shaw/Smith has the potential to be a 1C line much like Ladd/Bolland/Havlat was a number of years back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad