Is Moen tradable?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Moen will have a better season this year but he isn't part of the future, he doesn't really impact the present.
We should trade him, but regardless of how useless I think he is on the ice, he is still asset for someone and MB need to get maxium return for that asset and I think the best time to get maxium return will be at this years deadline.

We have miss too many opportunity in the past to trade asset and the deadline just to lost them to UFA(Sourray, Komi, Streit) or see there value drop off drastically the next year. Moen will have some value we need to cash in while we can. Blunden, Bournival or Holland can step in for him without missing a beat

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm all for trading him, if value can be had, obviously. Don't think he should be given away.

His best aptitude was supposed to be playing a physical role without being a defensive liability. For whatever reason, he was far from being that type of player last year -- just hoping that last year was about certain issues now having been resolved, rather than his morphing into a less intense player just cause he was able to secure a long-term deal.

With most others here, I concur that he'd make a great deadline deal player, all depending where we are at that point.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm all for trading him, if value can be had, obviously. Don't think he should be given away.

His best aptitude was supposed to be playing a physical role without being a defensive liability. For whatever reason, he was far from being that type of player last year -- just hoping that last year was about certain issues now having been resolved, rather than his morphing into a less intense player just cause he was able to secure a long-term deal.

With most others here, I concur that he'd make a great deadline deal player, all depending where we are at that point.

You have it completely backwards. Moen's strength is being able to play a shut down defensive role with having an edge of physicality to his game. People expecting him to be some sort of bruiser are suffering from their own misguided expectations.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
You have it completely backwards. Moen's strength is being able to play a shut down defensive role with having an edge of physicality to his game. People expecting him to be some sort of bruiser are suffering from their own misguided expectations.

Doesn't matter, right now he does neither of that :laugh: . I still have faith that he will bounce back this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad