Is McGrattan in the perma-doghouse?

ninetynine*

Has Clune played that well? McGrattan hasn't played since the first two games. There's still a few match-ups out west (CBJ, Chicago, Edmonton, Colorado, Phoneix though Bissonnette won't fight McGrattan, St. Louis, Minnesota and perhaps Staubitz in Anaheim).
McGrattan went from playing 19 out of 20 last year at one point to playing 2 games after February 4th of last year. Get him some ice! He's still the best fighter in the NHL and can handle anyone Clune can't. He's also an okay passer and skater, especially for a heavyweight.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The only thing McGrattan can do is fight. As poor as Clune's offense is, it is still a bit above McGrattan's. I'd prefer that if Clune is in that he play a little more hockey and get his butt kicked a little less.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Tootoo could only play "Tootoo's role" about half of the time. We'd either get the pest who could chip in some or the idiot who ran into the boards and did nothing well offensively or defensively ... no middle ground. Clune needs to learn that there are times to just skate up the ice and play hockey rather than drop the gloves every single time there is an opportunity. He plays with heart and his shot is no less accurate than our top six (not really a compliment on Clune's play, but a condemnation of our top 6). At least he goes to the net and manages to get himself into space for a shot at the net every now and then .... if only our top 6 could figure those things out.

Nashvillian

Feb 11, 2013
McGrattan sucks they just keepng him for his mitts and the play-offs in case we need to regulate. Ran into him in elevator @ Bridgestone and hes the guy you dont want to run into in a Dark Alley.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
McG is around to be a leader in the locker room and as a depth forward in a pinch. I'd rather have Clune most nights because he hits more often and is faster, but when the other team dresses a big enforcer, release the McKracken!

Quality guy to have around though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad