Is mark fayne the next kurtis foster?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Fayne will be good for you guys, although most of us Devils fans think he's a little overpaid, he's a very solid player in his own right.

He'll probably just take some time to adjust to a different system, and not playing alongside Greene likely isn't helping; he's not really the kind of player who carries the pairing he is on, it's more that he's really good at not dragging down the pairing even if you put him with someone really good. He's good at covering for his partner and letting them shine.

Overall i think you probably just need to give him some time, he's the kind of player you can win a lot of games with even if he doesn't necessarily stand out by himself, once you sort out the other problems plaguing your team i'm certain you'll be happy to have him.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Nikitin has been ridiculously terrible. Far worse than Fayne.

Could we just have one FA signing or trade for a veteran work out? These crappy signings since 07 have also set us back repeatedly.

It seems everyone becomes terrible once they get here. They get the stink on them.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Could we just have one FA signing or trade for a veteran work out? These crappy signings since 07 have also set us back repeatedly.

It seems everyone becomes terrible once they get here. They get the stink on them.

Howson said Nikitin can play any spot from #1 to #6D. Maybe there is a switch on the back of his head that is in #6 position right now? Just need to flip it over to #1 and we should be good to go.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I think there's a real problem with how the defensive pairings are.

Does it make sense that Nikitin was playing #6/7 in Columbus and then play first pairing with the Oilers?

Of course not.

Could Nikitin be better than how Columbus viewed him as a #6/7? Sure its possible.

Redo the defensive pairings - see what Nikitin looks like when he isn't playing on the first pairing.

Both Petry and Fayne are RHD. Can one of them play LHD?

Petry - Fayne (first pairing)
Nikitin - Ference (vets, defense)
Nurse - Schultz (most inexperienced, Nurse defender, Schultz - offense pairing. least amounts of Even strength minutes)

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Nikiton was replaced by Nick Schultz on CLB's depth chart. Just let that sink in and you know why he has looked so bad here. Why anyone expected more is beyond me.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Nikita and Fayne have been... less than good but not terrible. Give them some time and a new coach who can think the game at an NHL level and they both should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad