Is MacLean's sent to waivers a sign of trust in Mikkel Boedker?

member 30781

No. It is a move of stupidity on Don Maloney's part.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
No. It is a move of stupidity on Don Maloney's part.

This.^

Maclean out did Boedker every year in the minors. It was just a dumbass move by a GM to keep his anti-offense/youth coach happy.

Don't tell Coyote fans this though, everything we do is somehow golden and beyond any questioning. I'd go as far to say we might have the biggest homers on HF.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah I noticed that, no team's fans on HF defend their coach/GM more than Phx lol. I think they've bought into Tippet's anti-youth policy.

But Boedker was better than MacLean in the games where he was on the same line as Turris and MacLean (only 2 games I think I saw where that line was together though so it was broken up).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's Patrick O"Sullivan that beat out MacLean for a job with the parent club. Boedker is the better skater and more likely to find a role in a top 6 capacity.

MacLean is still a good prospect. Maloney believes he will likely be on waivers before the end of the season. That's a possibility. MacLean may find a home in Winnipeg if he can establish some chemistry and put up some points.

I'd argue that MacLean isn't a legitimate top 6 forward. He's a good working player who in the right situation could work out very nicely for the team that has his rights. If Winnipeg puts him back on waivers this year expect Phoenix to exercise their right to reclaim him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad