Is Letang definitely done for the year?

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
I know DKonPittsburgh sports reported it and others have mentioned it as well, but Malkin was interviewed yesterday and during the interview they mentioned how costly Letang's injury was and he said Letang would be back soon. Did anyone else hear this?

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
All reports say he is done for at least this post season. I wouldn't read too deeply into Malkin's comment.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If we were lucky, he'd have 2weeks or more of good days/no symptoms and then he'd start exercising/practicing again with no symptoms. Team won't be in operation by then though.

He's done for this year/season.

ETA:
How i think things went: They shut him down after he got out of the hospital. He was feeling good enough to try to exercise again. That excercising brought terrible results/symptoms galore and they shut him down indefinitely.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
As far as I know, JR said he is "likely" done for the year. So if we somehow make it a few rounds deep he might miraculously recover.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Given the unlikelihood of us succeeding in the first round with or without Letang I think they shut him down for his long-term benefit. I'm sure if we somehow pulled of a miracle and defeated the Rags and looked generally promising a few weeks from now they would revisit his status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad