NFL: Is Lamar Jackson a Top 10 QB?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
One thing I noticed about the Ravens the last 2 seasons is how little they involve their RBs in the passing game. Thats bad coaching.
Agreed, pass-catching RB's are almost essential in the league these days.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Now that teams have enough tape on him to know how to play him, he's going to have to show he can beat good defenses who take away his running safety valve.
I think it really is the play calling. I believe a QB when he says defenses are calling out the plays during the count.. The few games I have seen of the Ravens this year and last, they appear to be running the same shit. I would shit can whoever is calling the offensive plays into the huddle. Also, like some others have said above, how can a modern team run an offense without a catching back? Ridiculous

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think it really is the play calling. I believe a QB when he says defenses are calling out the plays during the count.. The few games I have seen of the Ravens this year and last, they appear to be running the same shit. I would shit can whoever is calling the offensive plays into the huddle. Also, like some others have said above, how can a modern team run an offense without a catching back? Ridiculous
Maybe the coaches don't think Jackson can handle a more complicated passing offense. I don't know what's going on.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Mahommes
Russell
Josh Allen
Kyler
Ben
Burrow
Watson
Carr
Herbert
Dak
Stafford
Ryan

i would place equal to or better than Lamar in one context or another
I know LJ isn't what he was last season, but he's still easily better than Stafford, Carr, and Burrow. I hate the Ravens as much as anyone, but there's no reason to disrespect him so blindly.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
I know Jackson isn't what he was last season, but he's still easily better than Stafford.. no reason to disrespect him so blindly.

Not really.. as of late November, Stafford has a couple more passing TDs and about 600 more passing yards (with virtually identical passer ratings). I'd say their performances are a push.. not Jackson being 'easily better'. (peace)

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Not really.. as of late November, Stafford has a couple more passing TDs and about 600 more passing yards (with virtually identical passer ratings). I'd say their performances are a push.. not Jackson being 'easily better'. (peace)
It's not a fair comparison if you ignore LJs running. He has almost 600 rush yards and 3 TD's on the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad