Is Kevin Lowe out as the head guy of the oilers hockey ops

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
Re-assigned to a special adviser or something. They won't let the (Lowe must go group) to revel in accomplishment or tarnish Kevin's name.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Lowe has been moved to Senior Vice President of Sanitation Services

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Get someone in that actually knows a thing about winning that wasnt 20+ years ago and actually most recently.

azashi

May 31, 2006
No, Katz has too much tax money paying for his arena. He has to spend our ticket revenue on his buddies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Get someone in that actually knows a thing about winning that wasnt 20+ years ago and actually most recently.

He knows zero about winning in a management position regardless of when it was.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
President of Heritage Hockey Operations... aka polisher of Oilers memorabilia. Lol.

azashi

May 31, 2006
He knows zero about winning in a management position regardless of when it was.

Let's be fair, he was one Marc-Andre Bergeron brain fart and one MacT wrong-goalie-substitution away from winning the Cup as GM.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
My prediction is he leaves the hockey operations side 'to take a greater role in the day to day operations of the OEG. We thank Kevin for his massive contributions to hockey operations over the years, and the arena project is lucky to have such a winning individual overseeing operations'

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Lowe gets let go... Does his jersey get retired?

Doubtful. They've been waiting until players get inducted into the HHOF before they do it. Lowe wont be in the HHOF. I don't anticipate he'll get his jersey retired.

Al Hamilton was an exception because he was the first captain of the team.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Katz will put him in a position to succeed. I bet he opens up a Jewelry store in the new arena so Lowe can polish all of the rings. He knows a thing or two about rings

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I doubt we sever ties completely. If this whole thing is really about having the right people having power, is it so awful to still have Lowe around in some role if he can't do any harm? Do we need to punish him?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I doubt we sever ties completely. If this whole thing is really about having the right people having power, is it so awful to still have Lowe around in some role if he can't do any harm? Do we need to punish him?

A lot of people want blood for the past 9 years. I doubt we see it tomorrow, and I don't really care. So long as he's no longer involved in decision making (an advisory role or whatever is fine). Wouldn't be surprised to see him take on a role like the one Scotty Bowman has with the Blackhawks "Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations"

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
A lot of people want blood for the past 9 years. I doubt we see it tomorrow, and I don't really care. So long as he's no longer involved in decision making (an advisory role or whatever is fine). Wouldn't be surprised to see him take on a role like the one Scotty Bowman has with the Blackhawks "Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations"

I heard this song before when he was moved from GM to POHO.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I heard this song before when he was moved from GM to POHO.

POHO still has significant pull in hiring decisions, if he's out of that role then at best he's an advisor.

Big difference.

As POHO he had the power to hire an inexperienced Mac T which led to the disaster of the last two years.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Just having Lowe in a role that has "hockey operations" in the title is horrible for optics though. I'd argue that keeping him in management in any capacity will damage the Oilers image and negatively affect our ability to attract free agents. His name is too largely associated with failure and arrogance.

azashi

May 31, 2006
Katz should trade Lowe to Arizona for OEL. He'll show them how to win a tank and the lottery.

Then the city can get together and sing "So long and thanks for all the firsts" and everyone is happy. Lowe is in charge of a team again. Edmonton is rid of Lowe. Arizona is guaranteed at least 3 first overalls over the next few years before they move to Quebec.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Good thing you made a new thread for this. It was hard keeping up with all the other threads!

just waiting for you to get a new avatar

just want to see who thinks Lowe is still standing after tomorrow

other threads are about PC joining the circus--this is about whether Lowe has a job

I realize your usual state confusion I can see where you would get confused about the topic at hand

Do you think Lowe will be in oiler management this time tomorrow? how many topics do we have on that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad