Is keeping Wilson with the team the right decision?

Liberati0n*

My voting privileges seem to have gone the way of my advitar, but a definite no.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
I'd rather see him in the AHL, but since that's not possible, I think the best option is to keep him. I doubt he'd be better off in junior considering how much bigger and stronger he is.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
It depends on what are our ambitions this season.
If we were serious this year I would say no, but it seems we're floating between here and there so why not.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
With 0 cups, what do we have to lose? If everything we do is wrong, the opposite has to be right. George can't lose.

Sour grapes?

Be happy he didn't trade him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yes. he can only play where he is a man among babies if he does not play for the caps. I have seen nothing in his play so far that would reduce his confidence or stunt his growth. He has, if fact, looked pretty good.

I would see no problem with him being bumped to 2RW or 3RW if an injury opens those minutes up.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I see more than injuries making room for him to pick up more TOI.

Keeping him in DC should be apart of a bigger plan.

We are log jammed at RW. Even if Fehr dominates at C, I refuse to believe the plan is Tom at 4RW for 6 per game the entire year.

Give it time to play out.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Man among boys even here some nights

ib0BhoaFET01vT.gif

Halpysback*

If we want him to be a 3rd/4th liner instead of a top 6 player then sure.

He needs game situation puck skills bad and he sure as **** isn't gonna get them off the 4th line.

Thank god GMGM threw away Forsberg and Perreault so he could ruin Wilson better.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Decision depends on a lot of factors.

Are we gonna trade a right wing, to help in another Position?
is Kutz coming and when is he coming over?

if there is space in the spuad keep him else send him to juniors.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
If we want him to be a 3rd/4th liner instead of a top 6 player then sure.

He needs game situation puck skills bad and he sure as **** isn't gonna get them off the 4th line.

Thank god GMGM threw away Forsberg and Perreault so he could ruin Wilson better.

It is kind of funny, isn't it? We've traded Forsberg, shifted Fehr to center, and dumped Perrault, all to get Wilson onto the 4th line. And now, to get him the playing time he needs for us not to stunt his development, we've got to trade either Brouwer or Ward. That's quite the trail of bodies Wilson's leaving on his way up :laugh:

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
This talk that he would be a man amongst boys in juniors and therefore shouldn't be sent down is idiotic. From a physical standpoint the argument could be made (i.e., fighting and hitting) but that isn't what Wilson needs to really develop to reach his potential and he could still learn more about when to make the hit instead of running around looking for it. From a talent level Wilson has never been a man amongst boys in juniors and people saying this have obviously never watched him play in juniors. He had 58 points in 48 games on a very strong Plymouth team in the OHL. These are not amazing numbers. He progressed well from the year prior and put up a good season but in no means was he a man amongst boys.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This talk that he would be a man amongst boys in juniors and therefore shouldn't be sent down is idiotic. From a physical standpoint the argument could be made (i.e., fighting and hitting) but that isn't what Wilson needs to really develop to reach his potential and he could still learn more about when to make the hit instead of running around looking for it. From a talent level Wilson has never been a man amongst boys in juniors and people saying this have obviously never watched him play in juniors. He had 58 points in 48 games on a very strong Plymouth team in the OHL. These are not amazing numbers. He progressed well from the year prior and put up a good season but in no means was he a man amongst boys.

Did you see that 4 player pile up last night? With Wilson left standing, and 3 Jackets littering the ice?

Yeah yeah, it's only one play. And in reality, the Jackets hit each other a bit, but that's the reason he needs to be here, and not there. In a nutshell.

As has been commented, I wish he could be in Hershey, but he can't. Were that a 3rd option above, it would win in a landslide.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
If he plays in juniors this season he is likely to dominate physically....making plays that generally wont be made in the NHL. Again....its nice to think he gets there and focuses on playing with the puck and things like that....but its more likely that he uses his strength and size to put himself if situations that just wont be happening in the NHL regularly.

You get better by playing against better competition.....when a young kid is growing up and physically dominate they usually start playing them against older kids.

He should be playing against men earning a paycheck...at NHL speeds. I just dont see the benefit of him playing against 16-17 year olds at a much slower speed so he can work on playing with the puck....not for this player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad