Is Jori Lehtera a Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Simple question: Should we consider Jori Lehtera a prospect for the sake of our prospect rankings? He is not a prospect by HF standards, but a case certainly could be made that he is a prospect. This poll will settle it once and for all.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I voted yes. To me, it's not like this ranking is some official publication. He hasn't played in the NHL yet so to me he's a prospect.

I agree with you, except that many voters will ignore him as a potential prospect....so then we're voting from different lists.

All this facetious poll is doing is making me more excited to see what he can do on NHL ice. As an older player coming over, I think his maturity will aid in the transition. We should see him do well early.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I agree with you, except that many voters will ignore him as a potential prospect....so then we're voting from different lists.

All this facetious poll is doing is making me more excited to see what he can do on NHL ice. As an older player coming over, I think his maturity will aid in the transition. We should see him do well early.

I voted no, but if the conventional wisdom is otherwise, he'd be my 2nd or 3rd rated prospect. I'm really pumped we got him here. So much so that I am having to restrain myself from making overly optimistic comments and projections.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I just noticed that 2 Minute Minor's profile picture is Admiral Ackbar and the guy below him's name is "Itsnotatrap."

Anyways, I would consider him to be a prospect because of already mentioned reasons.

I voted yes. To me, it's not like this ranking is some official publication. He hasn't played in the NHL yet so to me he's a prospect.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
He is six months older than Berglund, so no, I don't consider him a prospect. He's a European pro trying to make it in the NHL.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
He's a forward who will turn 27 this upcoming season. He might not have demonstrated what he can do in the NHL, but he's a developed commodity at this point, not a prospect.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No. Too old. He is a mostly developed commodity, we just have to see how he is adjusts. To me a prospect is someone who still need to develop their game. He just needs to tweak his to fit the NHL.

As for 2-minute's complaint about the lack of a main board thread, we technically had his rights, so he could be viewed as not a free agent signing or trade acquisition. That is semantics though, and it was big enough news he should have had a thread. However, I can say I am glad the main board does not have another place to bash our team for no reason.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
No. Too old. He is a mostly developed commodity, we just have to see how he is adjusts. To me a prospect is someone who still need to develop their game. He just needs to tweak his to fit the NHL.

As for 2-minute's complaint about the lack of a main board thread, we technically had his rights, so he could be viewed as not a free agent signing or trade acquisition. That is semantics though, and it was big enough news he should have had a thread. However, I can say I am glad the main board does not have another place to bash our team for no reason.

I'm cool with him flying under the radar, but since he had to buy out his KHL contract and would have been UFA in a year it seems like its an acquisition worthy of mentioning in the Trade Rumors and Signings Forum.

But I was also irritated that Cracknell didn't get his own thread. Maybe its a tinge of OCD.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think this poll makes it pretty clear. We will not consider Lehtera a prospect in future prospect polls. I think the gap is significant enough that there's no way the "yes" is going to pass up the "no". The people have spoken, and they say NO PROSPECT. I'll edit the other poll accordingly, and in the future, whoever makes the prospect polls please leave Lehtera out of the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad