Is Jared McIsaac still a prospect?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
For those of you who get to see the Griffs play in GR, would you consider Jared McIsaac a prospect for the Wings or the NHL? Don't hear much about him and he hasn't played that much this year. Has he been injured or healthy scratched? Feedback would be be useful.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I'd say at this point one day like layoff did when injuries mount but I'd say no

Edvinsson coming,wallinder,Cleveland,buium etc... in the pipeline. I'm not expecting to ever see him

Oct 18, 2006
Nope, he’s done as a prospect. It’s sad because when he was drafted I thought for sure he’d be a top 4 lock for many years. Injuries absolutely killed him though, he lost so much pivotal development time from nursing various injuries, especially shoulder injuries.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It’s easy to point to his injuries and missed development as a reason for why he didn’t make it, and that’s fair to an extent, but his defensive IQ was insufficient too. Every time I watched him he made poor decisions in his own end while trying to defend. I found him a pretty frustrating defender. His physical play was good though, at least until all those injuries piled up.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It’s easy to point to his injuries and missed development as a reason for why he didn’t make it, and that’s fair to an extent, but his defensive IQ was insufficient too. Every time I watched him he made poor decisions in his own end while trying to defend. I found him a pretty frustrating defender. His physical play was good though, at least until all those injuries piled up.
Sounds like Brendan Smith who amazingly is still in the NHL.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
It’s cute that you slipped Cleveland in there
Not to hijack or derail the thread, but why the Cleveland hate? Is it because he was taken so high? 100+ PIMS in the NTDP last season, is it dumb penalties, or is he a Gudas/Schenn physical/fighting type?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Not to hijack or derail the thread, but why the Cleveland hate? Is it because he was taken so high? 100+ PIMS in the NTDP last season, is it dumb penalties, or is he a Gudas/Schenn physical/fighting type?
He has the offense of a goalie. Even the most defensive non-offensive NHL D showed at least 2nd pairing offense in juniors. He must never make an outlet pass of any kind to never pick up a second assist on a rush.

So yes, picked comically high. Well comically if a different team had picked him. Tragically since it's our pick...

Reactions: Konnan511

Christien

May 1, 2010
He's in his D+5(?) and is regularly scratched for GR. Not much of an NHL prospect

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I always hated that pick and figured he would be another flame-out like our other notable D picks like Sproul, Cholowski, Saarijarvii, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad