Is Jamie Benn ok?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He’s an amazing player and still among the best in the game, based on having watched about 1/2 to 3/4 of Stars games this season.

It’s crucial to know that he is a winger playing as the team’s number one center at the moment and he is actually good at it. But that definitely may hurt his scoring and could explain the current mini goal scoring slump.

When a winger can step in as a 1C and play the way Benn has you have a special player.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
He's slumping a little bit right now but I still think he can get 35 goals and 80 points. Its not like he hasn't played well either, just bit snakebitten.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Other teams put their centers as wingers

Stars be like

- Benn -
- Seguin -
- Faksa -
- Hanzal -
- Spezza -
- Gemel Smith -

No room for Devin Shore and Janmark

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
His shiny new 8 year $9.5 million contract started this year, that will last him until retirement. What does he have left to play for?

The problem is fans have this weird type of thinking that athletes are aliens, different from normal people. That athletes are the only people who don't try hard at their job for a salary promotion and then settle down when they get it.
Now I agree in some sense, but do you really want to commit that kind of money to a player like that? You want guys who care more about winning than anything. Not everyone works hard just to "settle down" once they sign a great contract.

Reactions: bukwas

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Never seen you make a thread about a Russian player being ok

These fake concern threads like the one leafs fan and his "Wtf happened to Ottawa" are way too transparent

I actually wanna know what happened to Ottawa. they have a measly 9 wins in 25 games and Duchene has 2pts in 11 games with a -9 rating. Karlsson has gone ice cold as well

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
think Benn ends up being a 30-35g/70-75pt guy from here on out

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
He was dominant early on in the points department when the team was struggling as a whole. Now the team as a whole is playing really well but he's on a mini slump in the goal scoring department. It goes in cycles. I'm sure he will go on a tear again soon and then maybe have another mini slump. He's also always been a 2nd half of the season guy where he dominates over the last couple months.

He's okay.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Now I agree in some sense, but do you really want to commit that kind of money to a player like that? You want guys who care more about winning than anything. Not everyone works hard just to "settle down" once they sign a great contract.
I know the more money i made the harder i worked. Some people fall into complacency but just as many work hard to be the best they can be.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Jamie's ok :)

Stars are finally not a one-line team anymore. He'll score around 80 pts once again.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jamie, are you okay?
So, Jamie, are you okay? Are you okay, Jamie?
Jamie, are you okay?
Jamie, are you okay?

Do the rest of the song, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad