Is Jamie Benn ok?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He was considered the best winger in the game (or the 2nd best behind Kane) a couple of years ago, and now his statistics looks ok, but nowhere close to being the best. That's for the 2nd season in the row.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
He was considered the best winger in the game (or the 2nd best behind Kane) a couple of years ago, and now his statistics looks ok, but nowhere close to being the best. That's for the 2nd season in the row.

He's been playing great for most of the year, so far. Last year was a down year for everyone on the team. Hitch (and Ruff last year) have had Benn and Seguin split up to spread out the scoring, Benn has been Centering the 1st line quite a bit this year and has looked good. You also have to keep in mind, with Hitch, the Stars system is a lot more structured and the run and gun style also helped his numbers. I have no complaints with his season so far.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He hasn't been very good during the winning streak but right now he doesn't need to be . Other players are carrying the torch at the moment.

At the start of the season when he team absolutely needed scoring badly he was dominant out there though. Not concerned yet.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Benn is fine! He carried this team so far this season and secondary scoring is picking up quite a bit so he does not have to be scoring at the pace he was.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I personally don't think so. He's looked a bit faster to me. The only thing I've noticed, is he doesn't throw the body around nearly as much as he used to.

Probably smarter, bring that nasty in the play-offs. Keeps him playing longer into his 30s withotut the physical wear and tear.

Reactions: busterlid

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Jamie, are you okay?
So, Jamie, are you okay? Are you okay, Jamie?
Jamie, are you okay?
Jamie, are you okay?

Would you please tell us that you're okay...
There's a sound at the window, then he struck you - a crescendo, Jamie!

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
he went on a mini scoring slump. It happens to all players.

As for his numbers last year there isnt much to look into there as the whole damn team had a down year in that tire fire of a season

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
His shiny new 8 year $9.5 million contract started this year, that will last him until retirement. What does he have left to play for?

The problem is fans have this weird type of thinking that athletes are aliens, different from normal people. That athletes are the only people who don't try hard at their job for a salary promotion and then settle down when they get it.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
He's totally fine. He doesn't need to be great right now because his team has his back. Eventually he'll pick up his pace, and get back to what we're used to seeing from him

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Never seen you make a thread about a Russian player being ok

These fake concern threads like the one leafs fan and his "Wtf happened to Ottawa" are way too transparent

Reactions: Sensinitis

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Did anyone expect his peak year to be the new normal for him?

Yes.

Battling with injury last year slowed him down

Hitchcock system is not going to win you the Ross. Watched too many Blues game to see that

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I personally don't think so. He's looked a bit faster to me. The only thing I've noticed, is he doesn't throw the body around nearly as much as he used to.

No one in the league does though. It's nearly becoming a no hitting league.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yes.

Battling with injury last year slowed him down

Hitchcock system is not going to win you the Ross. Watched too many Blues game to see that

Honestly this is it. Which made what Tarasenko was doing all the more impressive.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm ok, you're ok. Jaime Benn is ok as well.

Thomas Harris approves this message !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad