Is Jagr the best player of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
Just having a discussion with a buddy. We both don't think it can be Gretzky because of the goal tending back in the day. Any thoughts?

I think you guys both forgot that Gretzky won the Art Ross trophy twice while Jagr was playing in the NHL.

:shakehead

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
No Jagr is not the best player ever.

Gretzky is and always will be then comes Lemieux and Orr. This is not debatable

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Easily breaks top ten

If you say so. When taking forwards, defencemen and goalies in consideration I'm not so sure. At the very best he's probably 4th when compared to other forwards. Once you start thinking about defencemen and goalies though I can easily see him slide out of the top 10.

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
For the record I already have Crosby in front of Jagr even though Jagr is second all time.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Just having a discussion with a buddy. We both don't think it can be Gretzky because of the goal tending back in the day. Any thoughts?

Only maybe if you are a teenager or started following hockey less than 15 yrs ago.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
For the record I already have Crosby in front of Jagr even though Jagr is second all time.

Your top 5 all time players : Crosby, Jagr, Lemieux, Malkin, Coffee ?? 6. Letang 7.Gretzky 8.Francis??

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
He's a top 10 skater in the history forum.... I think the consensus was #7.

I dont think he can climb much higher tho.

Any link?

So skater includes defencemen I'm assuming.

The only defencman ahead of him is Orr I'm guessing too.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If I was running an NHL franchise in today's game, and I could choose any player (knowing how talented each will be during his career) ever as an 18 year old to add to my team as the franchise player, I most definitely would not have jagr amongst my top 10 choices. I believe there are many more impactful players than jagr throughout hockey history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad