Is it time to reconsider Rumyantsev's contract?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Russia has never really been a dominant force at the U18 level, and the RHF typically uses summer invitational tournaments like the Ivan Hlinka in Slovakia to take a look at a number of B Team prospects, but things seem to have gone extraordinarily badly this year. In the 3 games in which they have appeared so far, the Russian U18 team has lost 5-2 to Finland, 7-4 to the USA, and 11-2 to the Czechs. That's a combined total deficit of 23-8. If they lose to Slovakia tomorrow (the Slovak also have no wins), Russia will finish in last place in the tournament.

Yes, Rumyantsev is the coach, and yes, there is an Ivanuzhenkov on the team. Given the severity of the beatings that Russian teams are taking this year, has the time arrived yet for Tretiak to consider terminating Rumyantsev's contract. What would it take to get this guy out?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
i think his position as a coach is iron-clad. i mean if he always is blatantly and shamelessly having ivanuzhenkov's sons in his teams and there's no peep from tretyak and his old cronies from our federation, why would you think such trifle matters as the team results mattered?
and yes. there's ivanuzhenkov. it's a bad idea to antagonize this man.
http://www.sovsekretno.ru/articles/id/394/

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
i think his position as a coach is iron-clad. i mean if he always is blatantly and shamelessly having ivanuzhenkov's sons in his teams and there's no peep from tretyak and his old cronies from our federation, why would you think such trifle matters as the team results mattered?
and yes. there's ivanuzhenkov. it's a bad idea to antagonize this man.
http://www.sovsekretno.ru/articles/id/394/

I see your point. Maybe not such a good idea get him upset. Maybe somewhere down the road he'll run out of kids to "contribute" to the hockey cause.

And, in regard to Rumyantsev, if you are going to have to have him somewhere in the coaching apparatus, maybe U18 is where he can do the least damage.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
This guy has backing in very upper echelones, otherwise he is not good enough to coach preschool!

Corrupt dirty f....

At least we chased plyushev...

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
This guy has backing in very upper echelones, otherwise he is not good enough to coach preschool!

Corrupt dirty f....

At least we chased plyushev...

This guy has been the coach for several years now, and it seems as if his teams have performed far worse than you would expect Russian teams to show. And yet, his connections keep him there despite miserable results! I guess the hierarchy doesn't really care that much about U18.

Make It Biznasty*

Jul 18, 2012
He needs to be gone. His level of performance could be described as subpar at best. typical Rumyantsev, no reason to expect better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad