Is it time to panic?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
OP might be a more negative person than I am. And thats saying something.

There’s no reason to panic, unless you believe the Canes should be competing for the Cup this year. If that’s the stance you take, then overpaying in trades to compete with the other teams that have done so already makes perfect sense and you should be panicking because the Canes are way behind the 8 ball in that regard.

On the other hand, if you believe this team doesn’t have what it takes to win the Cup this year, then the smart play is to not make any moves (or minor ones that risk little) and save the valuable assets for another year. Roll the dice with what we’ve got, see how far it takes us, then re-evaluate in the off-season. Because it’s not like this team’s Cup window is closed after this season.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
You get a like for knowing the actual definition of decimate. :cheers:
ok, captain pedant here let the first one go, but...

if we're going to decimate the canes, we need to select a tenth of the players. assuming we stick with skaters and not goalies, we'll round off and pick two. if we go old school, the remaining skaters have to kill the two selected.

so, who you got? necas and cole? the good thing is most canes do better once they get ded.

(and yeah, the dictionary actually changed the definition of decimate so this doesn't strictly hold. but those jackwads literally changed the definition of literally to include figuratively, so i hold their decisions in low regard.)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They have a 3 point lead on both the Pens and Rangers with a game in hand on both as well. They control their own destiny in terms of the division.
at the same time, that used to be an 8 or 9 point lead with games in hand as recently as last week

I mean I know what you're saying, but a 3 point lead right now doesn't at all feel comfortable

Reactions: Daeavorn and DaveG

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Your team just dominated ours for 60 full minutes but somehow Georgiev had the best game of his life. Literally.

There is zero reason for you guys to panic lol. That was the most dominated the Rangers have been all season.
I want to see a heat map. but whilst playing We shot pucks from the outside rarely had guys on the inside and when we did Shot High Wide or Yowards our Net or flubbed it.. (Aho's First shot)
Sorry that doesn't make me feel a goalie had the game of his life he was fine stopped all reasonable pucks and stopped a few harder ones... ours missed a very hard one..
We need to get more tips and stuff cause long bombs don't work well in Today's NHL

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I want to see a heat map. but whilst playing We shot pucks from the outside rarely had guys on the inside and when we did Shot High Wide or Yowards our Net or flubbed it.. (Aho's First shot)
Sorry that doesn't make me feel a goalie had the game of his life he was fine stopped all reasonable pucks and stopped a few harder ones... ours missed a very hard one..
We need to get more tips and stuff cause long bombs don't work well in Today's NHL
To be fair, I think "stopping all reasonable pucks and a few harder ones" may be the game of Georgiev's life.

Johniac

Jul 18, 2011
North Carolina
I think we have just been snake bit lately. The number of times where there have been wide open nets and still a miss has brought back visions of Brock Mcginn and Warren Foegele. Add in how many flubs in the first minute of a period that were gimmes. Add in a crap power play (partly with Tony out). Finish it off with a "I would rather slump now and then peak going into the playoffs." Things will turn around.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
1647968046396.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad