Is it time to let the players play???

OLD51JOHN

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
The hockey team is wound so tight I gringe when I am watching them ..The coach has created a defence monster.. I wish he would allow them to be a little looser in the offence .. They seem to be playing not to lose.. Open the game up and let the creative player play the game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so.....were back to Claude holding them back??

Sorry John, love and respect your years of Bruins experience and opinions but no way I`ll buy that Claude instructs or demands that once they get the puck to not try and be creative or imaginative with it.

This team isn`t capable of playing loose hockey, I`ve seen them play it, everyone has seen it, when they try to outskate other teams, play firewagon hockey, I see too many red lights going off behind Bruin goalies

Same goes for late game leads, how often have we seen the coach come out afterwards saying he kept pushing the boys to continue to play aggressively but they just sat back?

Happens to most teams, seems to be a theme with many teams in all sports, ya get a lead, then forget about what enabled you to get that lead

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
There playing lazy that's the problem.
Only a few are playing hockey with energy and emotion.
Last game against T.O was a mess, if I had the right I would have fired someone to make an example out of them.
Cam needs to go to the dressing room between each shift and punch the lazy bums who are trying to float right in the face. Stupid Lazy bums!
Grrrrrr so angry!
When did we get half a team of Russians?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Lack of urgency is their problem IMO. This has nothing to do with CJ "not letting them play". If anything, Julien has "let them play" for far too long already. These line shuffles should have happened a month ago.

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
As far as I know, the players are free to play whenever they so choose. As always, once they jump over the boards and their skates hit the ice, it's up to them.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I really don't think that he's not letting them try to score. I think they are just making really really dumb plays right now. They're over passing like nobody's business.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
There playing lazy that's the problem.
Only a few are playing hockey with energy and emotion.
Last game against T.O was a mess, if I had the right I would have fired someone to make an example out of them.
Cam needs to go to the dressing room between each shift and punch the lazy bums who are trying to float right in the face. Stupid Lazy bums!
Grrrrrr so angry!
When did we get half a team of Russians?

I'm sensing an anger management problem. It's really just a game, no need to accumulate a few assault charges. The Russians comment is so ridiculous and inflammatory I won't even bother addressing that.

As to the OP....I know one of the criticisms Julien faces is not preferring a more open ended, offensive style. Problem with that, even putting aside the system is that he really doesn't have the personnel to do it. Outside of Seguin, there really aren't many bonafide consistent snipers on this roster to compete in a game where they wouldn't make defense a priority....they'd lose high scoring games.

It would require a complete overhaul of the system in place.

The last game, quantity of shots weren't a problem as we all know the Bruins clearly outshot the Leafs. High percentage shots, on the other hand, would clearly be more helpful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad