Is it Time to Bring Back Anton Volchenkov

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I suppose you mean a defense dman. I think we're better served with a puck mover in the top 4 than a top 4 defense dman. We need to get the puck out of the zone and Cowen could focus on defense.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Um no. Devils fans have been using him as a whipping boy for the last couple of years. They want him out. So no thanks to volchenkov.

melnyk budget*

People were saying he was washed up his UFA year.

Do NOT want to touch that contract.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
If there is one thing I've learned it's that just because a HFboards team forum can't stop trashing a player doesn't necessarily mean he is a dumpster fire.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
I use to love Volch..But I don't see how us bringing him back will help us move the puck out of our zone :laugh: If anything it will just make us worse.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
No. Volchenkov is overpaid for what he brings, even if you take into consideration that he's been mishandled in New Jersey. Besides, breakouts were hardly his forte, and that's an area we've been struggling with.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Our problem isn't blocking shots, it's being stuck in our own end so long because we're incapable of executing zone exits correctly. 2 years ago this team was amazing at quick short passing plays out of the zone. This year we have Phillips, Cowen, Gryba, and Corvo all losing the puck to a forecheck or just rimming it up the boards for a turnover every time they touch the puck in the D-zone.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Our problem isn't blocking shots, it's being stuck in our own end so long because we're incapable of executing zone exits correctly. 2 years ago this team was amazing at quick short passing plays out of the zone. This year we have Phillips, Cowen, Gryba, and Corvo all losing the puck to a forecheck or just rimming it up the boards for a turnover every time they touch the puck in the D-zone.

Exactly. Watching anyone but Karlsson, Methot, and to a lesser extent Weircioch try to start a breakout is beyond painful. I honestly can't believe the decisions Cowen/Gryba/Phillips make while I watch the games, it baffles me.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We need to go forwards not backwards.

And always twirling, twirling towards freedom.

jeffsens11

Nov 29, 2008
Loved Anton, he would literally block shots with his face if it could help us win the game. But dont think he would be the answer to our problems as others said

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I could make a ton of threads too...

Is it Time to LOL?
Is it Time to stop posting?
Is it Time to become a Leafs fan?
Is it Time to eat jellyfish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad