Is it safe?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A couple things:

1) I think the atmosphere around the team is going to be "less safe" as the losing continues - there are already MSM articles calling Babcock selfish for coaching team canada. And I bet the dressing room atmosphere is going to worsen as moral will likely decline.

2) still don't have any desire to burn an ELC year on a wasted Leafs season (at least when it comes to Nylander) - Percy I'd have less objection to, though I'm still reluctant to disrupting the Marlies who are having a fantastic season, which I think will be amazing for all of these young guys development - let them bring that winning attitude up with them next season.

Last edited:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
A couple things:

1) I think the atmosphere around the team is going to be "less safe" as the losing continues - there are already MSM articles calling Babcock selfish for coaching team canada. And I bet the dressing room atmosphere is going to worsen as moral will likely decline.

2) still don't have any desire to burn an ELC year on a wasted Leafs season (at least when it comes to Nylander) - Percy I'd have less objection to, though I'm still reluctant to disrupting the Marlies who are having a fantastic season, which I think will be amazing for all of these young guys development - let them bring that winning attitude up with them next season.

the ELC issue only applies to Nylander and Kapanen, Percy/Brown/Soshnikov/Hyman etc. this year counts toward there ELC's anyway.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
the ELC issue only applies to Nylander and Kapanen, Percy/Brown/Soshnikov/Hyman etc. this year counts toward there ELC's anyway.

Great point. So perhaps that's the pool of players in which we should use to brighten up the situation a bit. Sometimes these B prospects light it up for a bit excited for the chance.

I am sold on only using these select players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad