Is it safe to say that last summer's (2012) deals...

• Thread starter Detroit Sports*
  • Start date

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Brunner- He served his purpose. People whine about him not being a complete player or whatever but he didn't have to be in his role (I'm talking about third line duty, not talking about being a point man on the powerplay). His playoff numbers were solid.

Samuelsson- Obviously, I think this was a bad signing. I remember hearing that he hurt himself while he was skating alone on the ice. Such a band aid. Must have glass bones and paper skin.

Tootoo- He was another guy that served his purpose. I liked what he brought to the team. He has heart and courage. He was willing to fight pretty much anybody.

Cola- I understand why he was signed but overall I think it was a bust.

Gustavsson- I'm willing to give dusty gusty another year to prove his worth. I didn't get to see enough of him to make a conclusion.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wouldn't have been so bad if Suter didn't screw with our expectations.

:(

Think about how the roster would look now. Top 4 contenders, no question. Even Minnesota's D was vaulted dramatically by him alone, and that was with a rookie holding up #2 duties. With Kronwall in his proper #2 position, things would be looking great from all angles.

I blame Parise. Everything was all set until Parise got this idea to play together. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad