Is it possible for Malkin to surpass Crosby's legacy

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Prove that he is the undisputed best player in the world.

I have zero interest in proving anyone is the "best" in the world. Genius, you said he had nothing to show for "it." Seriously? Do I really need to do this? Didn't think so.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
This thread has made it clear that Crosby maybe isn't the undisputed best player in the world after all. He has nothing to show for it, and he's still pretty much a joke in the playoffs.

So what players "have something to show" and haven't been a "joke" in the playoffs?

Perhaps that will provide some basis to determine who the best player is.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
So what players "have something to show" and haven't been a "joke" in the playoffs?

Perhaps that will provide some basis to determine who the best player is.

2 harts 2 art ross trophies 3 lindsays 1 Richard 5 100 point seasons 27 and 31 point playoff runs. Yeah nothing to show for it. Some people are just haters

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This thread has made it clear that Crosby maybe isn't the undisputed best player in the world after all. He has nothing to show for it, and he's still pretty much a joke in the playoffs.

People really aren't saying that though. Everyone acknowledges how great Crosby is, some just question (like myself) whether he, or Malkin, is the actual the "straw that stirs the drink" in Pittsburgh.

I think if not for that Olympic goal Malkin, with a Ross and Hart this season, would have a better legacy than Crosby already. Calder, Smythe, multiple Ross's and Hart's, maybe another Lindsay, that is a pretty damn impressive resume.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
People really aren't saying that though. Everyone acknowledges how great Crosby is, some just question (like myself) whether he, or Malkin, is the actual the "straw that stirs the drink" in Pittsburgh.

Why wouldn't the player who has produced more and is the better all-around player be the straw.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
The worst cherry-picking of all? The fact that these comments happen because Crosby has had an off three weeks or so.

He could literally be leading league scoring again by this time next week and we are arguing because people are talking about his "diminished skills" after a less than stellar three week span.

Do you mean a 3 week period where he has 13 Pts in 18 games? Or 3 goals in 23 games?

That is far more than just a 3 week period. Apart from the first month, he's been very average. In fact if not for that 5 assists game against the Sabres, Crosby's numbers would be horrid over a 2 + months period.

I remember when people used to say how Crosby can never slump. Well here he is slumping and we have apologists claiming how he's hurt.:shakehead

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Do you mean a 3 week period where he has 13 Pts in 18 games? Or 3 goals in 23 games?

That is far more than just a 3 week period. Apart from the first month, he's been very average. In fact if not for that 5 assists game against the Sabres, Crosby's numbers would be horrid over a 2 + months period.

I remember when people used to say how Crosby can never slump. Well here he is slumping and we have apologists claiming how he's hurt.:shakehead

He didn't have the mumps?

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Missed 3 games. He didn't play with the mumps. He had the mumps 2 weeks ago, not 2 months ago when he started his suckage.

Let's play an interesting game, it's called "Let's remain on topic." So, you believe Malkin can surpass Crosby legacy?

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Let's play an interesting game, it's called "Let's remain on topic." So, you believe Malkin can surpass Crosby legacy?

i think it is possible but both have a little work to do to catch up to ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad