Is Gustav Forsling a future 1st pairing defenseman?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Played 27 minutes last night. 22-23 the previous 5-6 games. Plays the highest QoC with Jan Rutta.

This all started after Rangers game when Forsling played well and Q decided to start playing seabrook less.

Hawks have been much better since.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kid is a stud. Sometimes I am skeptical of a young kid performing well early in his career, and it's just a matter of time before they fall back to earth. But with Forsling, it's hard not to see him blossoming into a top pair Dman, he just has such a high IQ, he skates well, has a big shot, good passer, and best of all, he doesn't seem to be scared going into the corners like he was last year.

Pleasantly surprised by him so far this year, may be our best Dman already.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
LOL, did anyone think Forsling was going to be this good? I defy you to find me anyone who questioned that trade, at the time, because they thought Forsling was going to be a potential top-pairing defenseman. There were certainly complaints but it wasn't because Canucks fans thought they were trading a major core player. Most just felt that we didn't get a very good player in return, comparatively speaking.

That said, I don't think he'll be that player. I'm thinking a potential second-pairing guy.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think he could be a solid #2. He’s been balling. Playing against Malkin, Seguin lines at 21. Solid possession numbers.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
LOL, did anyone think Forsling was going to be this good? I defy you to find me anyone who questioned that trade, at the time, because they thought Forsling was going to be a potential top-pairing defenseman. There were certainly complaints but it wasn't because Canucks fans thought they were trading a major core player. Most just felt that we didn't get a very good player in return, comparatively speaking.

That said, I don't think he'll be that player. I'm thinking a potential second-pairing guy.

A lot of Canucks fans were very high on him based on his impressive year in Sweden, even disregarding his dominant World Junior performance. Probably not to the extent of a top pairing defenseman but I thought he could easily become a top 4 guy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't know if he has #1 potential but at this point he has established himself as Hawks 2nd best defender and is proving to be the young defender Hawks have badly needed to come out of system for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad