is G still hurt?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Missing most of camp will affect him, that while taking away the winger he has the most chemistry with this shouldn't be a big surprise. Teams go right to him on the PP now to, so until they adjust I wouldn't expect a ton of PP goals from the 1st unit.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He is not 100% yet but this is not the lone reason for his sloppy play and him going under the radar so far. Not having Voracek on his side hurts him too.

The whole roster looks solid on paper but they do not act as a team out there and G does not look like he can be a difference maker right now. He just looks like a normal top-6 player, which is pretty bad actually for a player of his calibre, I think.

RJ8812*

him and Voracek are both still hurt

But they both have to tough it out and play through their injuries no matter how badly it effects their gamebecause if they don't, they're *******, right?

Evergreen

Giroux was terrible last night. He couldn't catch a pass if his life depended on it. Every single pass would bounce off his stick and result in a turnover. He's also trying to be too fancy with those between the legs dekes he has been pulling (such as on Diaz last night). Voracek also looks terrible, so I don't know if putting those two back together more regularly would even help the problem.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Probably just rust.

I still expect him to get his 82-85 points. Possibly 90 if he gets put back with Voracek permanently.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh....even if he is hurt if he is as elite as billed he should still be able to show flashes and produce something. I'm starting to get concerned with him but like I said I think he is more of a players captain than a coach's captain and I get the impression he doesn't fully endorse Lavi much like Richards didn't. Another reason to can Lavi...not like we can trade G...or maybe we can with Holmgren still around :sarcasm:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's also unfortunate that he has no real scorers to pass to. He needs a sniper on his wing to score for him. Hartnell can't pass to save his life and doesn't make very good plays too often and Voracek has been bounced between the 1st and 3rd line but isn't even really a sniper type player anyway. I'm not convinced that he can replicate last season either. I always notice Giroux making nice plays just to have whoever he's passing to lose the puck or let off a weak shot.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I would hope a slightly hurt finger wouldn't be the reason for non production. It's not like he's missing a leg.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
He looks fine health-wise. He had a really poor game against Montreal, but I'm not really worried about G

Its just about everyone else on the roster I'm worried about

Fearless Leaf*

He hasn't done much but I think he'll start to pick it up.

He was sort of playing a little too casual yesterday but No need to be concern, G will likely finish up with PPG by the end of the season.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Lavi line juggles way to much way to early...let guys get chemistry...however if your changing anything id much rather Matt Read be on the line with G and Voracek.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
G forces plays way too much, most likely because he is putting too much on himself.

He can't do it all alone. Scottie and Jake are not helping him out either, the whole line is playing extremely poor.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
7min mark of the first period...look at CG taking the 2 faceoffs...first one was a false draw...does he look like after each one he is favoring his right hand? Then he was open in the slot for a one timer and missed net by 6 feet. Is this the golfing injury hand?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
7min mark of the first period...look at CG taking the 2 faceoffs...first one was a false draw...does he look like after each one he is favoring his right hand? Then he was open in the slot for a one timer and missed net by 6 feet. Is this the golfing injury hand?

I saw this too, and mentioned it in the GTD. Gotta wonder if some pain is still lingering

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
It hasn't helped that he's set up Hartnell on several great chances so far (at least 3 in the first game alone) and he hasn't put one in the back of the net yet.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He's not hurt, he's just playing like **** like 95% of other players on the team.

As the captain of this team he should be getting more **** then he currently is right now though.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Three games into the season and our first line has not even found a way to get on the scoreboard let alone playing some dominant hockey. And no, I don't count Brayden Schenn as a first line winger.

Kris ****ing Newbury has more points than Claude Giroux!

What happened to G? Where is the heart and soul guy that would check Crosby in his first shift and tear apart a defense on his own?
A franchise player can be snake bitten or rusty after an injury but he still needs to be the hardest working and most vocal player out there but he is just invisible...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad