Is Frk a zombie prospect?

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
I'm woefully, wildly out of date with my GR viewing. I saw a full game against Toronto (I think) back in October or something, and have only seen bits and pieces of games since.

Is this Martin Frk resuscitation a real thing?

I was intrigued by him when he was selected, but after he essentially bombed out of GR twice I flushed him from my mind. Now it looks like he's going to flirt with a 30 goal season... which if you do it when you're 22-23 means he should be unflushed, right?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He can still make the nhl

But it's a longshot and he won't make THIS team at least I'm 90% surr

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really depends on what they do up front. It is certainly easier to resuscitate your career when you have some plus tools and were once upon a time thought of higher. Both Sproul and Frk have bounced back and have intriguing elements. Because we might purge some forwards up front I could see Nosek and Frk being carried as extra forwards next year and rotating in.

It is tough to waive a guy that willingly throws the body around, goes to dirty areas and has a howitzer shot. He will need to keep it up and play well through the rest of the season and in camp next year. This is one guy that Blashill might have a very negative view on. But Frk has been demonstrably better, I am sure he cannot stay this hot and he would really help himself getting another half step faster skating, but he has a shot. Especially since the physicality of his game will mean playing him on the fourth line isn't a lost cause.

Martin Frk is still armed with one of the 100 hardest shots in the world. That really does help his cause, he also is probably somewhere in the middle there not just barely in that group. It is near Pulkkinen heavy with a much shorter release though the same accuracy problems at times.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk it is a huge Martin Frk detractor and will take any opportunity to tear him down a peg. So you just opened up a huge can of worms.

Meh, so I like him. Sue me!

PS- I'm just glad someone else made this thread so I didn't have to :)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Maybe he can do a Nestrasil and come into training camp next season looking great and stealing a roster spot. But it's going to be a longshot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
On a serious note... I think he plays the type of game much more well suited to the bottom 6 than some of our other small skilled forwards. I think he makes a lot more sense on the 4th line than a guy like Pulkkinen, for instance. (Not that I think Pulkkinen should be there to begin with, but that's a different story)

Skating has improved, but he doesn't always move his feet, remember Blashill mentioning that quite a bit with him. As TZE said, not sure if Blashill would be a fan of his or not. Shot is big, could give you nice depth scoring, or a dangerous RH shot for a PP unit.

If we are going to have more middle 6 guys PK, I would like adding a player like Frk to our bottom 6/4th line over a guy like Andersson or Miller, as I think that improves our scoring depth considerably. And scoring goals has been a chore for us, so something they should consider.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Another guy Andy Miele is putting to looked great. Perfect trade bait to be unloaded for a deadline vet in a bigger package.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Another guy Andy Miele is putting to looked great. Perfect trade bait to be unloaded for a deadline vet in a bigger package.
Frk has made significant strides this year, but Miele's impact can't be ignored. Miele may not have an NHL future, but he is a kingmaker in the AHL.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Meh, so I like him. Sue me!

PS- I'm just glad someone else made this thread so I didn't have to :)

Haha, I got you, man. Just razzing you a bit.

On a serious note... I think he plays the type of game much more well suited to the bottom 6 than some of our other small skilled forwards. I think he makes a lot more sense on the 4th line than a guy like Pulkkinen, for instance. (Not that I think Pulkkinen should be there to begin with, but that's a different story)

Skating has improved, but he doesn't always move his feet, remember Blashill mentioning that quite a bit with him. As TZE said, not sure if Blashill would be a fan of his or not. Shot is big, could give you nice depth scoring, or a dangerous RH shot for a PP unit.

If we are going to have more middle 6 guys PK, I would like adding a player like Frk to our bottom 6/4th line over a guy like Andersson or Miller, as I think that improves our scoring depth considerably. And scoring goals has been a chore for us, so something they should consider.

Yeah, He will probably need another year down in Grand Rapids though is my thinking. After finally breaking free from Toledo, he probably needs a little more time to cook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad