Is Franzen done for the year? Forever?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I remember getting a lot of flak earlier in the year saying that Franzen was done and should go to LTIR for his own well being. For some reason, people didn't take to well to that opinion

Well, look who was correct after all

i don't recall many saying that. We all knew he was just one hit away from retirement

still can't believe he was actually cleared to come back in the first place

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
i don't recall many saying that. We all knew he was just one hit away from retirement

still can't believe he was actually cleared to come back in the first place

Yeah I'm pretty sure we were all shocked he got cleared.

For selfish reasons though, I was very glad to see him back while it lasted.

Love his Instagram account. It seems that he's making the most of being sidelined. Cracking lineup/ref jokes, spending time with his kids etc

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
100% done for the year. His career is too early to tell but it's looking that way as well.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Nothing against Franzen, but he needs to just call it quits and be done with it, better for his health in the long term, as well as we can use his money elsewhere I'm sure.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nothing against Franzen, but he needs to just call it quits and be done with it, better for his health in the long term, as well as we can use his money elsewhere I'm sure.

By the sound of things, I'm pretty sure that's where he's heading. He's still got a lot of life to live and he needs to be around for his kids. Concussions are nothing to mess around with.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I remember getting a lot of flak earlier in the year saying that Franzen was done and should go to LTIR for his own well being. For some reason, people didn't take to well to that opinion

Well, look who was correct after all
I'm sure you're very happy about being "right".

We all knew his career was probably over the next time he got hit or got concussion symptoms. Some of us just thought he had a right to attempt a comeback if that's what he wanted to do. A lot of the posters who didn't want him to return made comments that gave the vibe they were less concerned with his health and more with getting some prospect on the roster instead.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Should have kept Hossa. 08 was when his concussion stuff started anyways. It sucks health has to be a factor but if we kept Hossa instead I bet we win another cup along the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad