Is Exercise really necessary when you are on a diet?

Sep 19, 2008
I started biking again but actually gained weight. I'm shocked.

Plus biking is very popular with pelatons these days but wrecks your tailbone. And yes, I've adjusted the seats ad nauseum and done hours of research on the optimal biking position.

I know results shouldn't be seen immediately (hard when I measure myself almost every 6 hours to track weight progress) but I'm wondering when I'll actually see results...

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I started biking again but actually gained weight. I'm shocked.

Plus biking is very popular with pelatons these days but wrecks your tailbone. And yes, I've adjusted the seats ad nauseum and done hours of research on the optimal biking position.

I know results shouldn't be seen immediately (hard when I measure myself almost every 6 hours to track weight progress) but I'm wondering when I'll actually see results...
I highly recommend against weighing yourself that frequently. There's just way too much variation between hydration, sodium levels, water retention, etc. to get an accurate reading. Once a week at the same time every week is the best way to control for those variables and is much better for tracking and peace of mind

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You have to at least allow yourself to take a shit. That’s not even guaranteed to happen once a day.

I was doing it everyday. Right now I do it after I go for a run, which I do 3x per week.

Sep 19, 2008

This makes me feel better as losing 10 to 15 pounds should take 4 months or more with a regular regimen. Also explains why I didn't lose shit even though I walked 5 miles yesterday :laugh:

Will begin working out every day now with a day of rest obv\

(ignore the title, everything he says is just that you can lose weight over time with slow and steady exercise, he recommends walking every day)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad