Is Dmitri Orlov flying under the radar?

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Each time he takes the puck I say to myself '' Number 9 for a D ? " ahah He's very good ! Do someone know if he will be in Washington next year ? Or for 2012-2013 ?

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Each time he takes the puck I say to myself '' Number 9 for a D ? " ahah He's very good ! Do someone know if he will be in Washington next year ? Or for 2012-2013 ?

I doubt it for next season. Off the top of my head (so I could be wrong) but we have Green/Schultz/Carlson/Poti/Erskine/Sloan all signed on for next year and Alzner will be a RFA so he's not going anywhere. That's seven D already.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Unfortunately I didn't really see much of him in the tourney because I wasn't watching for him. However, I've heard multiple times that he's the next Zubov which is a very big thing to hear about somebody. Best of luck to the Caps with him.

Apr 6, 2004
Unfortunately I didn't really see much of him in the tourney because I wasn't watching for him. However, I've heard multiple times that he's the next Zubov which is a very big thing to hear about somebody. Best of luck to the Caps with him.

I think that's a better overall comparison then Markov, but the shot is a BOMB.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This is why I love the Russian factor. Orlov looks like a first round talent that McPhee picked up late in round 2. Kuznetsov looks like a top 15 talent that was taken at 26, and both of these guys want to make it in North America. A few overblown issues leave other teams inexplicably scared, and McPhee strolls on up to the podium at draft day and makes the easy pick.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Oilers head scout called Kuznetzov one of the best players in the draft

Orlov probably goes in the first if there some transfer agreement in place

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
He is actually under contract until then so it's not entirely baseless. Depends on whether he can manage to buy out that final season or not.

Caps will have 7 dmen returning next year. Orlov is not coming over to be an eighth dman or to play in the AHL. He'll come over when the he and the team are ready for him to be a top 6 defenceman on the Caps, which will probably be the 2012-13 season.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Ovy

The only issue was thought to be his interest in the NHL after settling in well in the KHL, finding a nice niche for himself, and potentially getting a healthy payday. Caps fans were cautiously optimistic, and then very encouraged when he affirmed (I believe this Spring or Summer) that he remained interested in coming over next season. The Caps' Russian factor certainly helped in that regard. Fans are excited to see him make the transition in due time.

I think having a Mega Star like Ovechkin should help the Caps convince Russian players to come over. They haven't been shy about selecting Russians early.

That said, ELC is the main issue for some Russians, as they would likely take a put cut during their 1st NHL contract.

NHL is a different game than in the KHL or Europe. So, as long as Orlov and others can adjust their game to adapt to the NHL, they can be very successful.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I doubt it for next season. Off the top of my head (so I could be wrong) but we have Green/Schultz/Carlson/Poti/Erskine/Sloan all signed on for next year and Alzner will be a RFA so he's not going anywhere. That's seven D already.

theres no way orlovs taking away ice time from sloan and erskine :sarcasm:

Provolone*

I think he's the next Andrei Markov.

No. He is the next Sergei Zubov. Congrats, Caps. Probably should unload mike green for some solid forwards, Orlov is your QB...embrace it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I am not impressed with his defensive abilities and ability to "work" under physical pressure and hard forecheking...IMHO - Dallman, Hunwick, M.A. Bergeron...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad