Is Crosby The GOAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
this is a serious question. crosby is getting older but instead of declining he seems to be stepping up his game.

Gretz has the records but does that overshadow what crosby does on the ice in this new era of players?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
No

This guy is

WayneGretzky_Perm-500x359.jpg

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
yawn... no.

Some of Lemieux's greatest moments were past his peak as well. And Crosby is in a teir below him (and Gretz, etc.)

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Wait. Wait...

Is this thread real life? I think you could argue he is at best the 3rd greatest player of all time and even that would be debatable.

Reactions: MakoSlade

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
For me personally who doesn't remember much hockey before the 04-05 lockout? Yes.

Stat wise and regarding history that I never saw? Absolutely not.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Wait. Wait...

Is this thread real life? I think you could argue he is at best the 3rd greatest player of all time and even that would be debatable.

1st and 2nd you are talking about played in a different era.

i think sid would destroy both if time didnt matter.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
this is a serious question. crosby is getting older but instead of declining he seems to be stepping up his game.

Gretz has the records but does that overshadow what crosby does on the ice in this new era of players?

No he’s definitely declining in respect to his ability to motor. All the physical tools are still there, so he scores disgusting goals still, but he doesn’t have the stamina and speed he used to shift by shift.

He is the goat at puck protection, backhands, edgework and full body coordination though.

Reactions: MattySnipes

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
God no. If this is a reaction to him batting the puck out of the air and into the net then it's all the more ridiculous.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
God no. If this is a reaction to him batting the puck out of the air and into the net then it's all the more ridiculous.

in a sense yes. obviously thats what prompted this.... its this entire year tho. the guy really doesnt get enough credit and maybe its because he isnt a pretty boy like gretz. just goes to show how shallow hockey fans are.

this guy would destroy gretz if they played at the same time.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I’m a die hard Pens fan, have been my entire life, but I’m going to take of the rose colored glasses and say only of this era has Sid been the best. Where that lines up in the history of the NHL will happen long after he isn’t skating anymore. Other than trolls or rival homers you’d find few that wouldn’t put him up amongst the best. But even as a Pens fan I won’t debate where he falls with that till it’s all said and done. But man... is he damn fun to watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad