Is Connor McDavid the Best Player in the NHL

Is Connor McDavid the Best Player in the NHL

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yes, unless Kucherov comes and dismantles the playoffs taking the Smythe its 97.

If he does that and 97 has a bad playoff its close.

We're seeing how much Kucherov propped up Points/Stamkos point totals with both being below ppg this year without him.

He is the only guy who has the sustained dominance regular season and playoffs since 2017 to be ahead of Mcdavid if he wins the Smythe this year.

Mackinnon is not close enough and neither is Draisaitl, Crosby, Matthews etc.

It's a 2 man race with 97 being clear ahead with Kucherov missing the year.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Of course he is.

In terms of forwards MacKinnon, Draisaitl and maybe Kucherov (even with the missed season), Panarin and Crosby are in the next tier but still a significant gap behind.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Yes, unless Kucherov comes and dismantles the playoffs taking the Smythe its 97.

If he does that and 97 has a bad playoff its close.

We're seeing how much Kucherov propped up Points/Stamkos point totals with both being below ppg this year without him.

He is the only guy who has the sustained dominance regular season and playoffs since 2017 to be ahead of Mcdavid if he wins the Smythe this year.

Mackinnon is not close enough and neither is Draisaitl, Crosby, Matthews etc.

It's a 2 man race with 97 being clear ahead with Kucherov missing the year.
What has Kucherov done as an individual to be viewed above Draisaitl? After missing the season you absolutely can't put him above the reigning Hart/Ross winner/top 5 in goals and points since 17-18. If he had played the season and produced in the top 5 their would be an argument based on his playoffs+season, but its not like Draisaitl poor in the playoffs either.

Edit: with all that said, I do think due to their individual achievements they have separated themselves from others.

Reactions: doorbag

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
That's for the legions of Canadian fans who believe it is Nathan MacKinnon.

Im supposing there’s something more to this.

As good as MacKinnon is, I don’t know that I’ve seen many fans genuinely believing he’s better than McDavid.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
With puck on stick and attacking he’s pretty darned close to the best ever.

I would actually say he is the best ever in this regard, seeing how many of Gretzky and Lemieux's points were being in the right place at the right time, and not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Yes he is.
If somebody can produce 90% of his points while bringing stellar defense I’ll change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad