Is clutch something that is a skill set and if it is do our players have enough of it?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
If you want to talk about hockey, that is something that cannot hide from anymore. We have to find that gear, to really protect the lead. Tampa gave us a chance in game 6. That is on Keefe and same with PP. We cannot stagnate, we have to find variations. Even on cost of single game in regular season. We have all the pieces, even more than we really need. Have to two to three setups that you can play. That should be our strenght anytime and anywhere.

Though opponents can also box out Tampa's stars it isn't only on Leafs. We like to shit on our stars and say that we find excuses. It isn't any different with Tampa's core. Yes they can close out series early, but if it goes till the end. It's same with them. I think the key for us is to find way to push trough without LTIR and other stuff to get depth.

What we did in the end was too cute, that is something we have to work on. We don't have the opportunity to fail in the second our or conference finals, we have to find those answers from these experiences we've had in the first round.

And about clutch, it is something you can learn. Some always has it, they're born with it. Others has to learn it, but it isn't something that is or isn't. It's a skill, mindset and something that you can build.
It seems there's a lot we agree about.

My only area of disagreement is that I don't believe Tampa's star players were "boxed out" during game 7's. Their team got leads relatively early and the whole team (including star players) pivot into "shut down" mode.

That's not an excuse we can give the leaf players. They've never had a lead the past 3 game 7's. Our stars are all about trying to score most of these game 7's, not "shut the other team down" like Tampa's stars.

Reactions: deprw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad