Is Brandon Manning the worst player in the NHL?

Is Manning the worst player in the NHL?

• Total voters

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Chicago was desperate for dmen, and he couldn’t get in the lineup. Then when the Oilers traded for him, I figured he’d slot in around 10th or 11th on the Oilers depth chart at best. Sure enough, after a couple brutal games, he’s back to being consistently scratched, despite multiple dmen still out injured, and it begs the question... is there anybody worse in the NHL (not counting a random AHLer who’s called up for a game because of injuries)?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Cody McLeod has a strong case as worst semi-regular player in the league

Ya he’s up there. I’d definitely say he’s less of a negative than Manning though.

He isn't even worst on his own team. Petrovic

Not even close. Petrovic at least belongs in the NHL (even if it’s just as a #7). Manning shouldn’t play another game in the NHL.

there are quite a few worse players

Such as? I honestly can’t think of one.

Worst Player and contract goes to Lucic.

Don’t be ridiculous. He’s got a bad contract, but he’s not even remotely close to the worst player. He’s still a top 6 forward on the Oilers (and yes, that says a lot about how pathetic our wingers are).

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Worst player is kinda ambiguous and tough to define in a sense. Does usage count? Like if you give a goon 5-6 minutes a night to bang some bodies when the game isn't on the line, that player might be really bad but probably won't hurt you too bad.

If you play a horrible defenseman who gets shelled everytime hes on the ice 20+ minutes a night, that player might be 'better' than the aformentioned goon but he's gonna hurt your team more because of usage.

Cody McLeod has only averaged 10:00 of TOI per game for his career but his On-Ice impact and numbers are absolutely horrendous and worse than Brandon Mannings, who averages 17:00 TOI per game at a more valuable position.
AhwWi91.png

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Having watched him for about half a season I can say confidently he is the worst player ive seen this year.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ya he’s up there. I’d definitely say he’s less of a negative than Manning though.

Not even close. Petrovic at least belongs in the NHL (even if it’s just as a #7). Manning shouldn’t play another game in the NHL.

Such as? I honestly can’t think of one.

Don’t be ridiculous. He’s got a bad contract, but he’s not even remotely close to the worst player. He’s still a top 6 forward on the Oilers (and yes, that says a lot about how pathetic our wingers are).
Lucic is not a top 6 forward in the AHL let alone the NHL.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Benning is hot garbage. Really want Sekera back... Petro, manning, and Benning together are a black hole of success

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
There are so many guys shuttling back and forth between the NHL and the AHL that it's impossible to say who really is the worst. Not to mention trying to follow 31 teams and their weakest players. Unlikely Manning is THE worst, but he's among a group of 20-50 worst players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad