Is Brad Marchand underrated?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Can we consider him a elite foward?

We talk so much about the "pest" aspect of his game, but his offensive game seems underrated.

With a goal tonight, he currently is on pace for a 100pts season.

Over PPG the last 3 seasons, has lead the Bruins in points for those same 3 season, 85 points in 68 games last year.

Over the last 214 games he had 250 points which would translate to 96pts over a 82 games season.

1 point away from being in the top 10 scoring.

What gives?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
He's not at all underrated. People know how good he is, they just want him to stop the extra stuff.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Funny he’s considered a total POS by many because 15-20 years ago he’s average for dirtiness. Him being a dirty player is waaaaassssay over exaggerated. And I’m a habs fan
Just days ago he intentionally was trolling on Twitter about Mariners contract.

Hes not underrated, hes usually acknowledged as an elite winger yet also an elite pest

Reactions: dukeofjive

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
He's unreal, puts up elite numbers but he also passes the eye test.
I swear he's the best in the leauge at protecting the puck, nearly impossible to get it off him.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Just days ago he intentionally was trolling on Twitter about Mariners contract.

Hes not underrated, hes usually acknowledged as an elite winger yet also an elite pest

I’m not talking about him being underrated. What are you talking about?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I’m not talking about him being underrated. What are you talking about?
That's the topic of the thread dude. That's what I was talking about. Not everything in a quote reply is all talking to the person quoted.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He is one of the best wingers in hockey. He should have won the Heart last year in my opinion.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Diehardsharks408

Mar 20, 2014
San Jose, CA
Thing is what defines elite? Top 10 forward? Top 15? Top 25?
Elite shouldn’t be defined by a specific ranking of your position. It should be defined by a specific skill level. There could be more or less elite players in a given year, not only the top 10 or 15 players at their position. I would most definitely rank Marchand as an elite forward based on skill level

Reactions: Samsonov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad