Is Boston a good trading partner for Calgary

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Iginla put up a list being LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston as destinations he would consider a trade to. Most talk is of Iginla going to Boston. What I am asking is before you make trade with any team please let me know what type of players do you believe Calgary needs to be a competitive team without Iginla. Then using all teams not just Boston who would give Calgary the type of players they need for now and in the future.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Okay that was hard to read, but the Flames needs can be summarized as big centermen with top six potential or better, defensemen with top four potential or better, and big right wingers with top six potential or better.

What they do not need is another goaltender. Which it turns out is exactly what the Flames are going after. Go figure.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
What I want, and what we'll most likely get are two different things... I'll try and be realistic.

-1st 2013 has to be involved. No question.
-Since Subban is off the table, I would want their 2013 2nd
-Spooner
-Camara

So all in all: 1st & 2nd 2013 + Spooner + Camara.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
What I want, and what we'll most likely get are two different things... I'll try and be realistic.

-1st 2013 has to be involved. No question.
-Since Subban is off the table, I would want their 2013 2nd
-Spooner
-Camara

So all in all: 1st & 2nd 2013 + Spooner + Camara.

I want Boston's 1st spooner and Caron for Iggy I think that's fair for a rental.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I know my writing was hard to read but what I am trying to say is that Iginla put up a list being LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston as destinations he would consider a trade to. Most talk is of Iginla going to Boston. What I am asking is before you make trade with any team please let me know what type of players do you believe Calgary needs to be a competitive team without Iginla. Then using all teams not just Boston who would give Calgary the type of players they need for now and in the future.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Hey Koko is someone I wanted the Flames to pick up in that draft so I'm pleased with one of the players coming :D

Does Koko no longer play center? Guess maybe hes too small for it.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Well I wanted Spooner + Krug and 1st 2013 unconditional

Koho isn't much of a downgrade off Spooner similar potential but Spooner is much closer
1st is obvious if you are playing for the cup that was bound to come

Bartkowski... does Weisborough see something in this guy? With accepting Khokhlachev we really should have gotten a 2nd prospect at least as good as Krug maybe even a guy like Jared Knight.

Hopefully they know what they are getting better than I do; but not a bad package if that's what it finishes as.

Not worth the heartbreak that is thinking Iggy played his last as a Flame but I' not sure Sidney Crosby could fill that hole in my heart...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Count me as a guy that has Bartowski having huge potential.

Elite skater (all directions) that has had his path blocked in Boston and Julien's adoration of all things vets.

He is a low profile guy that could turn into a real good NHLer. I always thought it would be with a different organization.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
this is horrible I dont care about that koklachev or bartwoski guys
horrible trade please tell me its a joke
giving them Iggy so they can win 3 cups in a row and we receive some no names in return, just stop this gotta be a nightmare

Smog

Jul 9, 2006
Boston has a lot of depth and can afford to give up some guys for another cup. Iggy would definitely be a good addition.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Count me as a guy that has Bartowski having huge potential.

Elite skater (all directions) that has had his path blocked in Boston and Julien's adoration of all things vets.

He is a low profile guy that could turn into a real good NHLer. I always thought it would be with a different organization.

Where do you project him to be? DBU (another Flames fan and HF user) were discussing this earlier and he thinks he is comparable to Butler, but I think he has second pairing potential, as a decent #4 guy. What do you say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad