Is Bennett the real deal?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
tbh, in an ideal world Bennett most likely gets more time to develop on the 3rd line, but this isn't an ideal world because Shero thought he didn't need 4 real top 6 wingers and right now we only have 1 who acts like it. I'm also not sure how much more time that would be.

That's what I'm sayin'

If the top six doesn't get it's **** together post-haste, I see that move being made sooner rather than later. Hornqvist is the only one playing like he should be playing, right now. And obviously Dupuis' situation makes things even trickier.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Only limited by his far too numerous injuries. I debate his positioning as a LW however. He seems to instinctively gravitate to ths right side. Most of his goals that I recall have come from the right and even that nifty pass to Sutter the other night came from driving down the Right Wing.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Jason Mackey @Mackey_Trib
Penguins going with some live power play work here. Top unit unchanged. Flower in goal. Beau Bennett takes Dupuis' spot on No. 2 unit.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Vision and skill and smarts. I wish he was a step quicker, but I don't know what else you want in a hockey player.

His inability to stay healthy is his only problem. In the end, I see him as a playbmaking winger who gets center type numbers.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Vision and skill and smarts. I wish he was a step quicker, but I don't know what else you want in a hockey player.

His inability to stay healthy is his only problem. In the end, I see him as a playbmaking winger who gets center type numbers.

Funny considering their injury histories are similar as well, I think best case scenario for Bennett is similar production to a guy like Ales Hemsky.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
bennett came back last year muuuuch faster than he was at the start. he looked a bit faster last game than the first three. hopefully after the knee is behind him we'll see a bit more speed from him

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Jason Mackey @Mackey_Trib
Penguins going with some live power play work here. Top unit unchanged. Flower in goal. Beau Bennett takes Dupuis' spot on No. 2 unit.

that should have happened even without Dupuis' injury. Though maybe you could argue that Dupuis should have stayed because he is a left shot but Bennett needs to be on the 2nd unit and running it from the half wall.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Ales Hemsky actually is an apt comparison, IMO. A RH playmaking winger with underrated skills in areas like boardplay and play away from the puck.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey, if a 15 year-old can con his way into an NHL job, I'm willing to cut the kid a little slack.

B25-WJxIAAAyLas.jpg

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Bort is constantly making funny faces or there's almost falling in the post win celebration after the Rangers game. I do feel like Despres is being left out.

You shouldn't make fun of obese people.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Bort is constantly making funny faces or there's almost falling in the post win celebration after the Rangers game. I do feel like Despres is being left out.

He doesn't put in the same effort. Did you see his piss-poor attempt at the ice bucket challenge?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
His dad is such an awkward penguin, he never had a chance. Though I guess that's where he gets the size from.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
3 ice cubes in a small bowl? :laugh:

But he's a natural:

cakv0kj.jpg

W0iFQoh.jpg

Despres%2B2.PNG

tumblr_n72efdZkDj1t5ztabo1_1280.png

tumblr_nf47tgRbJY1s6vpv3o2_500.gif

Dedicated to IC.

Those first 3 pics - that's some serious Theon Greyjoy action 47 has going there. Right down to the unhinged insanity vibe. I quess from a certain perspective, you could see similarities between Bylsma and Bolton.:amazed:

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Those first 3 pics - that's some serious Theon Greyjoy action 47 has going there. Right down to the unhinged insanity vibe. I quess from a certain perspective, you could see similarities between Bylsma and Bolton.:amazed:
Bylsma = Roose
Brooks Orpik = Ramsay Snow
Roose.jpg

sheroonbylsma630av061213.jpg

Orpik%20American%201.jpg

Ramsay-Snow-ramsay-snow-36895896-310-305.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad