is anyone wearing bauer vapor xxx skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
o/t is anyone wearing bauer vapor xxx skates

i know its off topic but wanted to get some feedback on these skates from some people.....im switching to these from some easton ultra sbx and wanted to know what everyone thinks of the vapor xxx. i know the vapor xx was well recieved, but the major problem was durability and how long they lasted. anyone noticing the same problems with the vapor xxx skates

tia

LiveTheSearch

Jun 19, 2002
HB - WG
Visit site
Hey,

My 12 year old son wears the XXX's - got a free pair for being part of the Hockey Canada DVD shoot (so that was a bonus). He absolutely loves them .... he plays alot of hockey, and they have held up way better than the XX's he wore last winter. So they have obviously improved the durability of the boot since the XX's.

Hope I helped a bit.

Ned

Skroob*

my friend has the XXX, and loves them, except they dont offer as much protection for your foot. He says shots to his boot hurt like a mo-fo now.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
yeah all comments are helpful so far...

and as far as the protection goes coming from the sbx skate im not sure there is too much that could hurt more then taking a shot in that easton

Balej20*

bleed blue 94 said:
and as far as the protection goes coming from the sbx skate im not sure there is too much that could hurt more then taking a shot in that easton
When it comes to minimal protection in the SBX skates, I can vouch for that. Got my foot broken from taking a shot to the boot. I've since switched over to Bauers and had some niffty padding installed in both my skates.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Balej20 said:
When it comes to minimal protection in the SBX skates, I can vouch for that. Got my foot broken from taking a shot to the boot. I've since switched over to Bauers and had some niffty padding installed in both my skates.

you have any pics of what you added to them?

TheLokNesMonster

Sep 11, 2005
St. Paul, Minnesota
I commented on these a few months back.

I've had them for about 6 months now. I only play maybe 6 times a month so they basically still look brand new, but I take real good care of them.

They are ultralite. I was average speed but am now above average. I feel much more agile, and I think my technique has even improved a little, although this might be psychological.

I paid nearly 500.00. I by no means have money to burn but can afford something like this. I know they won't blow apart like some people have reported, mainly because I don't beat on my equipment and am not some slob who neglects his gear and lets it rot in the bottom of his sweat soaked equipment bag.

Botton line is I recommend them. I might buy another pair just so I have another when they do eventually wear out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad