Speculation: Is anyone gonna sign Nick Shore?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Shore started out good defensively, but nowadays he really doesn't do anything well. He's average in every sense of the word.

Think of playing an average video game where your character is ranked 5 out of 10 in everything, while sitting on a neutrally colored couch enjoying bland crackers and water. That's Nick Shore right there.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Shore started out good defensively, but nowadays he really doesn't do anything well. He's average in every sense of the word.

Think of playing an average video game where your character is ranked 5 out of 10 in everything, while sitting on a neutrally colored couch enjoying bland crackers and water. That's Nick Shore right there.

I mean he's still a serviceable NHL player who could be had for probably a million dollars, so being average shouldn't be an issue for him.

Sounds like the Calgary Flames and Winnipeg Jets of players.
Although Tkachuk adds a little flavor to them bland [mod]... MSG type of flavors but flavor nonetheless.

How exactly are the flames average?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Sounds like Dave Hakstol would love the guy!

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If I had to bet, he has a contract in principle with a team who is still figuring out their capsituation.
I.E A team that needs to know how much cap they have to play with because they have someone still to sign (Nurse, Nylander etc)
OR a team who is working on finalizing a trade (I.E SJS if they are making s move for EK)

He is probably the best or maybe 2nd best C left available its hard to imagine he doesnt have a deal in place with some team.
Shore, Vermette, Moore, Winnik (more of a winger) would be my top 4 in order of whos left without a deal C wise.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

I eat crackers with water before going to bed. Average Nick for doing the job average. At least he wins some face-offs.

Reactions: Clayonator

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

If he comes to Toronto that's all he needs to be

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

And those kinds of players are useful. A team like Florida would have certainly made the playoffs if they replaced Micheal Haley with Nick Shore.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If I had to bet, he has a contract in principle with a team who is still figuring out their capsituation.
I.E A team that needs to know how much cap they have to play with because they have someone still to sign (Nurse, Nylander etc)
OR a team who is working on finalizing a trade (I.E SJS if they are making s move for EK)

He is probably the best or maybe 2nd best C left available its hard to imagine he doesnt have a deal in place with some team.
Shore, Vermette, Moore, Winnik (more of a winger) would be my top 4 in order of whos left without a deal C wise.

I think you might be judging Vermette on his past. He's done as an NHL level player.

Reactions: JackFr and teddygmr

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I don't know about Lindholm but he's better than the other options.

If Lindholm doesn't work out, I'd still rather Gauthier get a shot than sign Shore. Leafs have invested in Goat and his defensive game, size and skating are good enough to make him at least a 13th forward on the Leafs.

Why sign a guy who does the same thing and has no connection to the organization?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be-meme.jpg

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If Lindholm doesn't work out, I'd still rather Gauthier get a shot than sign Shore. Leafs have invested in Goat and his defensive game, size and skating are good enough to make him at least a 13th forward on the Leafs.

Why sign a guy who does the same thing and has no connection to the organization?

He doesn't do the same things. Nick Shore exits the zone well, passes well and can defend. Gauthier can maybe defend.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Pass. We got 3 people fighting for the 4th line C spot
A PTO definitely wouldn't hurt. Lindholm is an unknown even though Babs has said it's his job to lose. Jooris is not an unknown but is clearly not better than Shore. I don't know who the third person is, but if it's Gauthier, he shouldn't even count. Zero chance he makes the team out of camp, and at this point it's very unlikely he'll be a full-time NHLer either.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
A PTO definitely wouldn't hurt. Lindholm is an unknown even though Babs has said it's his job to lose. Jooris is not an unknown but is clearly not better than Shore. I don't know who the third person is, but if it's Gauthier, he shouldn't even count. Zero chance he makes the team out of camp, and at this point it's very unlikely he'll be a full-time NHLer either.

Idk how you can proclaim "Nick Shore is better than Jooris", considering management decided to sign Jooris instead of shore (who no one has signed yet).

And regardless, Jooris and Shore are both 4th line fodder players. To assume one is better than the other is stupid.

It's about chance. You say, Gauthier cant be a full time NHL'er...based on what? He can surprise. The leafs have to give him a legit shot. Bringing in shore will only crowd and take up playing time from someone else. Shore isnt a type of player thats going to make a difference. I would much rather give the shot to who we have

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00