Is Alexander Barkov a Hall of Fame talent?

Is Barkov Hall of Fame talent

• Total voters

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If he retired today, no, he would not get in.
  • 1 Byng (2 other nominations)
  • 1 Selke
  • Not even close to a point per game over his career
  • Never won a playoff series
  • Olympic Bronze
  • World Cup Silver
That is nothing. If he makes the HHOF, it'll be the Datsyuk route. Winning at least one cup, stacking Byngs and Selkes, and succeeding on the international stage. Sasha is too injury prone to be a stat compiler, and I don't foresee any Rockets, Art Rosses or Lindsays in his future.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So far the Hart voting history for his career is a 16th place in 18-19 and a 6th place in 20-21. Obviously that's not everything but I don't think that's indicative of a HoF trajectory right now.

If he stays healthy and starts consistently getting more recognition there I think it would go a long way.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
I don't think he's on track to get considered but he has the talent if he stays healthy and has some team success and keeps scoring at a high rate.

Reactions: jonlin

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He needs 5+ more years minimum of top-notch play, 1-2 more Selkes and preferrable a cup before I pencil him in.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Voted no. What is even a hall of fame talent? To me that's more about active players who seem like a surefire hall of famers. Guys like Draisaitl, MacKinnon or Kucherov for example. Barkov simply isn't on their level, and hasn't shown anything to indicate he'll be winning harts, rosses or lindsays anytime soon.

He's more a hall of "very talented player - where if everything goes right and he has a great career, he could make the hall of fame".

He certainly could make the hall of fame. As could Matthews, Marner, Eichel, Panarin, Pastrnak, Rantanen, etc etc. I'm sure a couple of those guys will make the hall of fame, and many won't. Barkov is among that group

I'd say your standards are a little high. 3 players get in every year, figure a 15-year average career for top players, and you see that ~45 players currently in the NHL will make the HoF. Probably everyone on your list makes it unless they get derailed by injury.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Yes, he's a Hall of Fame talent. But it remains to be seen if he'll have a Hall of Fame career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad