Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Heddy recovery time said to be 2-4 weeks. His surgery is today.

I have to imagine the rehab process is a little longer during* hockey season, right? Otherwise, from March 30th when he sustained it, with the playoffs not beginning until the middle of May, it's hard to understand why he didn't get operated on sooner rather than later. And while I could joke about abusing LTIR more - I did in the main board thread - I'm honestly just wondering what must've led him to decide waiting until after the season was the better option. I mean, shit, things obviously worked out somewhat ok, I guess, but there was no guarantee of that.

*edit. No idea why I wrote "outside".

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I have to imagine the rehab process is a little longer outside hockey season, right? Otherwise, from March 30th when he sustained it, with the playoffs not beginning until the middle of May, it's hard to understand why he didn't get operated on sooner rather than later. And while I could joke about abusing LTIR more - I did in the main board thread - I'm honestly just wondering what must've led him to decide waiting until after the season was the better option. I mean, shit, things obviously worked out somewhat ok, I guess, but there was no guarantee of that.

It's a good question, I'm assuming he thought there would be lingering effects of missing that much playing time. He was also in the middle of a Norris race, can be difficult to throw that away on an injury that isn't terrible difficult to play through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad