Name: Thomas

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian

Fav Current Wild: Suter

Fav Non Wild Players: Gaborik

Fav Wild Prospect: Dumba

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Any MN-born HS draftee

Fav Movies: 'Basketball Diaries'

Music: Anything accept techno

Hobbies: Golfing, golfing, and GOLFING. Playing hockey outdoors in Winter.

Fav food: Cheese and bread.

Fav Beer: I'm in recovery

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Gaborik five goal game - born and raised in St. Paul

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since inception

Origin of screen name: Bill Clinton's nickname - it cracks me up.

Jerseys owned: Too many to list.

Married?: No

Kids: No

Welcome!

PlusMinusZero

Sep 19, 2014
Sastamala
Name:Toni

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian Gaborik

Fav Current Wild: Granlund,Niederreiter,Vanek

Fav Non Wild Players: Stamkos

Fav Wild Prospect: Dumba

Fav Non Wild Prospects:Ristolainen

Fav Movies:American history X,Seven,Enemy of the state,Häjyt

Music:Metal and rock`n`roll.:yo:

Hobbies: All kind of sports

Fav food: haven`t found yet

Fav Beer: I like beer,I like wine and I like booze so what do you want from me?It´s too hard to answer this kind of thinks when you´re finnish

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: There is no single moment,i´ve just always been a fan of this team

How long I have been a Wild fan:From the start

Origin of screen name:Kotiteollisuus +-0

Jerseys owned: None

Married?: Nope

Kids: Not yet

ZagrebCityBoy*

I am Matija from Croatia. There are many Croats who are living in Minnesota so I picked Wild as my favourite team when I started following NHL more than decade ago.

Cheers to all:)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I am Matija from Croatia. There are many Croats who are living in Minnesota so I picked Wild as my favourite team when I started following NHL more than decade ago.

Welcome, my good sir!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

I'm a Croat as well. Not born there, but my father is from Zagreb and my mother from Split. Welcome aboard!

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Name: "Pedro"

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mikael Granlund

Fav Current Wild: MG

Fav Non Wild Players: All time Stevie Y, all finnish players

Fav Wild Prospect: Haula

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Jesse Puljujärvi

Fav Movies: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, LOTR, Game of Thrones

Music: from reggae to black metal...atm let's say Ghost, Fatboy, Turmion Kätilöt

Hobbies: boxing, fishing

Fav food: game, italian, thai

Fav Beer: Chang

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: when MG got drafted

How long I have been a Wild fan: look up

Origin of screen name: Mixed martial arts + M.A.Numminen (artist)+Teppo Winnipeg

Jerseys owned: Yzerman, Tenkrat (Kärpät)

Married?: Yes

Kids: no

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
You know what, I've bern posting on here for over half a year now and still haben't properly ibtroduced myself or did one of these so **** it, here goes nothing. Might as well.

Name: Christian

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Joe Mullen (from highlights)

Fav Current Wild: Jonas Brodin

Fav Non Wild Players: Steven Stamkos, Phil the Thrill, JVR

Fav Wild Prospect: Erik Haula, if still considered as such

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Connor McDavid, William Nylander, Sam Reinhart, Jonathan Drouin

Fav Movies: Silence of the Lambs, One that Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Terminator 2, Freddy Got Fingered, The Blind Side

Music: Classic Rock. I can dig some metal and maybe one or two hip hop artists. None of this teen pop or country crap. **** you, Taylor Swift :rant:

Hobbies: Go on HF, play lots of video games, playing sports, and using Tinder

Fav food: Quesadillas

Fav Beer: Heineken

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Back a few years ago, the Leafs (my main team) were spiralling down the cliff and up the draft table, and I was rooting hard for the Wild to win to get the Leafs a better pick. My constant cheering for the Wild continued and basically stuck with me and I ended up falling in love.

How long I have been a Wild fan: March 2012

Origin of screen name: My terrible driving/ability to woo ladies + 81 for Phil Kessel

Jerseys owned: My own custom Leaf jersey with my name on the back.

Married?: LOL no

Kids: Nope

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Never understood that either. I always thought that having your name on the back has to be earned by being part of that team.

Unless you wear that sweater for a league or something, or have some other custom words on the back or something.

My friend always got his name on his Hawks sweaters, I never really got that either, but to each their own.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Never understood that either. I always thought that having your name on the back has to be earned by being part of that team.

Meh. At least a custom jersey will have more longevity than a standard legit player jersey wouldn't since that player would likely be gone from the team soon enough (and will not have any significant legacy), while you are sill around in this world and will likely have not switched alliances. Oh well.

Last edited:

Slick Willy*

You know what, I've bern posting on here for over half a year now and still haben't properly ibtroduced myself or did one of these so **** it, here goes nothing. Might as well.

Name: Christian

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Joe Mullen (from highlights)

Fav Current Wild: Jonas Brodin

Fav Non Wild Players: Steven Stamkos, Phil the Thrill, JVR

Fav Wild Prospect: Erik Haula, if still considered as such

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Connor McDavid, William Nylander, Sam Reinhart, Jonathan Drouin

Fav Movies: Silence of the Lambs, One that Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Terminator 2, Freddy Got Fingered, The Blind Side

Music: Classic Rock. I can dig some metal and maybe one or two hip hop artists. None of this teen pop or country crap. **** you, Taylor Swift :rant:

Hobbies: Go on HF, play lots of video games, playing sports, and using Tinder

Fav food: Quesadillas

Fav Beer: Heineken

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Back a few years ago, the Leafs (my main team) were spiralling down the cliff and up the draft table, and I was rooting hard for the Wild to win to get the Leafs a better pick. My constant cheering for the Wild continued and basically stuck with me and I ended up falling in love.

How long I have been a Wild fan: March 2012

Origin of screen name: My terrible driving/ability to woo ladies + 81 for Phil Kessel

Jerseys owned: My own custom Leaf jersey with my name on the back.

Married?: LOL no

Any particular reason you are a fan/supporter of the Wild?

Always interested in how people become part of a fan base when they're not necessarily living in that area.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Any particular reason you are a fan/supporter of the Wild?

Always interested in how people become part of a fan base when they're not necessarily living in that area.

Just need an escape from the regular season ineptitude of the Leafs and the postseason ineptitude of the Sharks. That's the best I can come up with :laugh:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'm going to update/rip on mine :laugh:

Name: Jarick
Still is, too.

I'm 31 now.

Was, now I'm in Saint Paul.

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian Gaborik, Wes Walz and Mike Modano big faves too
All time now is probably Zach Parise.

Fav Current Wild: Brent Burns
Again, Zach Parise.

Fav Non Wild Players: Alex Ovechkin, Mike Cammalleri, Mike Green, Patrick Kane, Brett Hull (all time)
Not so much on Kane anymore. Sidney Crosby and Phil Kessel are fun to watch and so many people hate them that I love it.

Fav Wild Prospect: Casey Wellman
Oh god, how barren was the cabinet at the time? Excluding players on the Wild now, I'd go with maybe Schroeder or Lucia?

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Don't really have any
Agreed.

Fav Movies: Garden State, The Royal Tenenbaums, Mallrats, basically anything from Wes Anderson or Kevin Smith, and anything with Jim Carrey or Chris Farley is outstanding
I don't really watch movies anymore. I'll stick with this list though, but with the caveat that 1990's Jim Carrey.

Music: All time, Jimmy Eat World (older stuff), Sunny Day Real Estate, Nirvana, Killswitch Engage, Love-Cars (local band prob defunct now), Copeland, way too many to name
I like them still, but add Dance Gavin Dance, A Lot Like Birds, Gates, Closure in Moscow, and Emarosa to that list.

Hobbies: Playing hockey, video games, used to play drums in a band around here, obsessing about stuff in general
Hockey in the winter, golf in the summer, play guitar when I get a chance, actually old school wet shaving is an interest of mine now, not much time for video games anymore.

Fav food: Anything Mexican
Pizza for sure.

Fav Beer: Right now Bud Light Golden Wheat, all time prob Newcastle or Sunset Wheat
Wow, noob beers. I don't drink as much beer nowadays, but I have been into "simple" beers like Honey Weiss lately. More of a whisky and gin guy. But for beer, Surly Bender, Hopslam, and Sierra Celebration are excellent.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: 2003 playoffs...but I was at Game Four in 2007, WOW.
I'll say Nino scoring the OT winner in Game Seven.

How long I have been a Wild fan: 2003
Yeah, but more seriously since 2005.

Origin of screen name: My name
Still is! Don't stalk me.

Jerseys owned: Wild 3rd (red) from 2006 "Gaborik", lots of my own hockey jerseys
Add a green jersey with no name to that mix.

Married: Engaged
Broke off the engagement with that one since she was running around and a crazy person. I'm now happily married to someone I deserve.

Kids: 1 yr old son
He's 5.5 now! We are expecting a girl next month. Hopefully.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Good idea Jarick!

Name: Tyler
Yep...

Now Farmington, MN

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mikko Koivu
It's Parise now for sure.

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, Latendresse
Oh boy...Guy. Now it's Parise, Nino and Brodin.

Fav Non Wild Players: Jonathan Toews, Drew Doughty, Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Patrick Kane
Yeah, still like those guys. Also Brock Nelson, PK Subban.

Fav Wild Prospect: Casey Wellman
:laugh::laugh::laugh: OH my god. It's Dumba now probably.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Matt Duchene, Ryan Stoa, Tyler Seguin
Hmm. One of these is not like the other. I like Hudson Fasching.

Fav Movies: Gladiator, Star Wars (eps. 4-6), Inception, Anchorman, The Hangover
Yeahh pretty much.

Music: Huge variety...Avenged Sevenfold, The Academy Is..., Shinedown, Silverstein, etc.
Hmm...now mainly country with these sorts of bands mixed in.

Hobbies: Sports sports sports, video games, movies, concerts, cards
Yep...love bar bands actually.

Fav food: Steaks and burgers
Yeah.

Fav Beer: Landshark
Weird...no idea where that came from. I like Alaskan White.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: The Western Conference Finals run
New fav moment like many is game 7 last season.

How long I have been a Wild fan: 2003

Origin of screen name: Unique way of spelling 'Doc'

Jerseys owned: PMB away sweater, Toews home, Joe Mauer

Blank green now along with Brodin away.

Nope.

Kids: nope
Nope.

Well that was fun.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This oughta be good:

Name: Justin
Still is...

30 now

Same

Fav All time Minnesota player: Brunette
Parise

Fav Current Wild: Brunette, Burns
Parise and Suter. Wow, can't believe that Brunette was still playing when I did this the first time :laugh:

Fav Non Wild Players: Stevie Yzerman, Joe Sakic, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise
Probably add Ryan McDonagh. Don't really care much for Miller anymore.

Fav Wild Prospect: Scandella
Nailed it :yo: Probably Tuch now

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Gabriel Landeskog (hopefully he'll be moved into the previous category this coming June)
Amazing how I went from liking the kid to currently hating the little *****

Fav Movies: Die Hard, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Still favorites, though the wife and I don't really watch a ton of movies anymore

Music: Led Zeppelin, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin
Don't really listen to a ton of music anymore. Probably haven't listened to BB since I made that post :laugh:

Hobbies: whatever keeps me out of trouble
Whatever keeps me out of trouble with the wife

Fav food: A good burger
See the OT Thread. Paul Molitor with cheese curds... Mmmmmmm

Fav Beer: Guinness
Fat Tire and a few other New Belgium brews

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: I've always liked hockey and was psyched when we got another team again. My favorite Wild moment has to be Andrew Brunette putting a stake through the Colorado Avalanche and Patrick Roy's career in the 2003 playoffs
Same

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since 1997
Never changed

Origin of screen name: The Wild commercial when Brunette comes back and is trying to get his number. "You got '825' back there? That's Engebretson!" Best Wild commercial ever.
Yep, not my real name

Yep

Yep, an almost 4 year old son

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad