Interview with Tim Leiweke

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Hockey/ID/2384082744/

Didn't see this up yet but I really liked all of his answers as he knows the importance of the Leafs in this city and seems really determined on bringing winning teams here at any costs. He also confirms that Dave Nonis will have carte blanche as GM so he won't meddle in the day to days.

Hard not to be excited about a guy like this with his kind of reputation in the sporting world as the new CEO of MLSE.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Thanks for posting this. I, for one, am glad he's part of this organization and we will see how much of a difference maker he will turn out to be.

Wendel17

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks for posting. He sounds like a very smart guy. I understand why they hired him. I have so much more hope for the future of the Leafs after hearing him speak. :)

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I wonder if there was dialogue beforehand that led to the Burke firing. There were allusions to dialogue before, and he expressed interest when the organization was going through a sales stage.

Either way, it makes sense from an organization stand point to have Tim represent the franchise, and I would bet it would be a bolder political move to do that transition this summer.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Thanks for posting. He sounds like a very smart guy. I understand why they hired him. I have so much more hope for the future of the Leafs after hearing him speak. :)

If he's a smart man he'll look at the Drafts of the Leafs over the years and realize changes must be made swiftly in that department. All he has to do is look at the Kings drafts and roster vs the Leafs and know ***** must be shown the door.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If he's a smart man he'll look at the Drafts of the Leafs over the years and realize changes must be made swiftly in that department. All he has to do is look at the Kings drafts and roster vs the Leafs and know ***** must be shown the door.

Of course all he has to do is ask former Leaf scout Zannetti who has run the Kings drafts for the last few years about the quality of the Leafs scouts. The Kings saw him as a top scout the Leafs did not they let him be stolen away. :help:

Wendel17

Aug 21, 2007
I don't feel the same way. Dave Morrison and his staff have done a good job considering all the picks that have been traded away. Looking at the current roster we see that Gunnarson, Kadri, Kulemin, Reimer, Frattin, are all there in addition to the other leaf picks that were traded and are still in the NHL (Tlusty, Steen off the top of my head).

This doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and we can't hire new/better scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad