Eurolanche: Interview with Sven Andrighetto

EurolancheDavid

Why have you decided to stay with the Avalanche? They had a very tough year…

Because I see a huge opportunity for myself and for the organization, rebuilding, getting younger, faster, which suits me perfectly. I also really enjoyed my time there since March 1. For me, it was always clear that I would return to Colorado if possible.

Do you believe the team could be better next year?

Yes, I really do. With all the changes the management has already done in the offseason and bringing in new guys that are hungry and motivated just like myself. I see our team making a step forward for sure.

You've only played 19 games for the Avalanche. Have you had enough time to analyze why the team kept losing?

Not really, I wasn't there long enough. But what I did notice is that we were able to play and even outplay big opponents like Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis and so on, but not for a full 60-minute game. If we had the lead and they came back, it was always kind of in the back of heads, because it has happened so many times before, but I believe that we've all learned from that.

Where do you see yourself next season? Do you have any personal goals?

It’s hard to say. I want to be the best player I can be and help the team as best as I can. I developed really good chemistry with MacKinnon and Rantanen, which makes it a lot easier if you have guys like that playing with you.

FULL INTERVIEW: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=9769

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks mate !

Looks like Sven has exactly the same outlook as me as a fan. Said exactly the same things I've been trying to impart here. Love it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The implication...

tenor.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
But what I did notice is that we were able to play and even outplay big opponents like Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis and so on, but not for a full 60-minute game. If we had the lead and they came back, it was always kind of in the back of heads, because it has happened so many times before, but I believe that we've all learned from that.

You would think so, Sven, but 5+ years later of this same ***** and here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad