OT: Internet Hockey Database created by a local guy

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I was sitting at a WHL game in Saskatoon with my dad last season.

We usually talk hockey during the games and he talks about the guys who he went to school with and grew up with that went on to even a cup of coffee at the pro level.

He mentioned a name and I put it in hockey DB and it had said he played senior hockey (a semi pro league that NHL teams gathered from back in the day) but only 2 or 3 games.

This was a guy who played 2 games for a senior team in Saskatchewan and it was on this website.

For the next hour my dad would give me names and we would look them up. It was just crazy to think of the time and effort that goes in to a site like that.

Well done!

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I was sitting at a WHL game in Saskatoon with my dad last season.

We usually talk hockey during the games and he talks about the guys who he went to school with and grew up with that went on to even a cup of coffee at the pro level.

He mentioned a name and I put it in hockey DB and it had said he played senior hockey (a semi pro league that NHL teams gathered from back in the day) but only 2 or 3 games.

This was a guy who played 2 games for a senior team in Saskatchewan and it was on this website.

For the next hour my dad would give me names and we would look them up. It was just crazy to think of the time and effort that goes in to a site like that.

Well done!

Hockeydb is a great site, I usually use to look up players that make me look ridiculous in beer league. Sometimes it makes me feels better when i find out they played decent hockey:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad