International League (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erack82

Dec 10, 2002
New York City
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly where this thread would go, but I figured since this is internationally related, this would be the best place.

Basically I need help with a school project and would appreciate any input or advice you can give. I'm trying to create a (mock type) international league for my design class. The objective is to create graphic transformations (ie: creating logos for the teams) using the same constant (the game of hockey) in a cross-cultural applications platform (the league). The applications could be something like the design of their jerseys, tickets, ads, etc. I think that hockey consists of some pretty diverse cultures and would be a good project for the class. Thoughts so far?

Anyways, where I mostly need your input on is the formation of the league. This is what now...

Create a 10 team international league that is based in various countries throughout the world. Players would not be restricted to only representing their own country, and are free to play for any team. IIHF rules apply. Teams will consist of a mix of NHL and elite Non-NHL players, basically something high-end. Maybe not the best of the best, but as best as possible (Espen Knutsen anyone? :)). Season consists of 15 games that are from June-July, playoffs in August and will not interfere with any tournament/league that I know of.

Option 1:

10 team league based in hockey hot-bed type cities:
Toronto, Montreal, Minneapolis, Detroit, Prague, Stockholm, Moscow, etc

Option 2:
Have this be a sort of hockey exposure league, and play in countries such as Austria, Ukraine, Belarus, Denmark, Japan, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, France, Italy, or Norway. Increase exposure to the game, players get to travel the world and keep in shape at an elite playing level.

Option 3:
?

Again, this is just a rough idea. I know this might not be possible to realistically exist. Keep in mind that this isn’t a business project, but rather a design project. I do want to create something as realistic (or close to) as I can get it. So I appreciate any ideas and suggestions (good and bad). If the idea sucks, say so and I won’t be hurt, I have a few ideas that are non-hockey related in case I can't get this idea rolling. I figure I would throw this out here and see what kind of reactions I get. Thanks again.

Mikec772003

May 15, 2005
How about a new twist and make it a table hockey league. There is a whole world wide table hockey thing going on (World Championships next week in Riga). There is a Euro league in 7 countries and a North American Tour in 8 cities. Here are some links:

http://www.trefik.cz/stiga/riga2005/
http://www.eurotablehockey.org/
http://www.ustha.com/

My email is at the ustha site.

Erack82 said:
I'm not sure exactly where this thread would go, but I figured since this is internationally related, this would be the best place.

Basically I need help with a school project and would appreciate any input or advice you can give. I'm trying to create a (mock type) international league for my design class. The objective is to create graphic transformations (ie: creating logos for the teams) using the same constant (the game of hockey) in a cross-cultural applications platform (the league). The applications could be something like the design of their jerseys, tickets, ads, etc. I think that hockey consists of some pretty diverse cultures and would be a good project for the class. Thoughts so far?

Anyways, where I mostly need your input on is the formation of the league. This is what now...

Create a 10 team international league that is based in various countries throughout the world. Players would not be restricted to only representing their own country, and are free to play for any team. IIHF rules apply. Teams will consist of a mix of NHL and elite Non-NHL players, basically something high-end. Maybe not the best of the best, but as best as possible (Espen Knutsen anyone? :)). Season consists of 15 games that are from June-July, playoffs in August and will not interfere with any tournament/league that I know of.

Option 1:

10 team league based in hockey hot-bed type cities:
Toronto, Montreal, Minneapolis, Detroit, Prague, Stockholm, Moscow, etc

Option 2:
Have this be a sort of hockey exposure league, and play in countries such as Austria, Ukraine, Belarus, Denmark, Japan, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, France, Italy, or Norway. Increase exposure to the game, players get to travel the world and keep in shape at an elite playing level.

Option 3:
?

Again, this is just a rough idea. I know this might not be possible to realistically exist. Keep in mind that this isn’t a business project, but rather a design project. I do want to create something as realistic (or close to) as I can get it. So I appreciate any ideas and suggestions (good and bad). If the idea sucks, say so and I won’t be hurt, I have a few ideas that are non-hockey related in case I can't get this idea rolling. I figure I would throw this out here and see what kind of reactions I get. Thanks again.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Erack82 said:
Option 3:
?

A Scandinavian league could be a option. Call it the Royal League! (soccer have one)

Both Finland and Norway belonged to Sweden not so long ago.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Ola said:
A Scandinavian league could be a option. Call it the Royal League! (soccer have one)

Both Finland and Norway belonged to Sweden not so long ago.
Why would it be called the royal league when not all the countries are monarchies if Finland is to be part of it? Finland isn't even scandinavian either though...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
mattihp said:
Why would it be called the royal league when not all the countries are monarchies if Finland is to be part of it? Finland isn't even scandinavian either though...

Hehe didn't think about that though. But isn't Finland part of Scandinavia??? News to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad