Intermediate stick for an adult player?

brother52

Sep 15, 2006
Russia
At 5'8" and 155 lbs, is intermediate stick a good choice? I was just going through some composites at a store today, and one I liked happened to be an intermediate model. Since the blade was a bit smaller than what you usually see on seniors, and the shaft was somewhat thinner as well, I assume the only possible issue with it would be durability.

So I'm interested to know if there any adult guys like my size who use int. sticks and not break them like crazy.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Not really a problem if you like the flex. And the blade shouldn't be much smaller if any. I was using an INT flex senior stick with no issues (Bauer 77 flex).

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know a few people who do this and don't have break-age issues. Try it out if you are interested.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I'm bigger than you and I use Int. sticks. I have yet to break one. The blade is exactly the same size as a senior.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
At 5'8" and 155 lbs, is intermediate stick a good choice? I was just going through some composites at a store today, and one I liked happened to be an intermediate model. Since the blade was a bit smaller than what you usually see on seniors, and the shaft was somewhat thinner as well, I assume the only possible issue with it would be durability.

So I'm interested to know if there any adult guys like my size who use int. sticks and not break them like crazy.

I'm about the same size....bit taller though. I was gonna the same route until someone pointed out the size and strength of people I play against (adult leagues and pick up). I went with an 85 flex senior shaft. If I were playing against guys my size I would probably go with an intermediate.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
I am 5'8" and I used an intermediate. I had it cut down about 2 inches too.

If you are shorter, you could use a junior probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad