Interesting post on hockey talk main board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

77bestever*

The post wanted predictions on the Top Ten scoring DMEN in the coming NHL season...I scrolled through the three pages and the consensus is that these are pretty much the guys give or take a guy or two here or there......

1. Karlsson (22g, 50a = 72)
2. Subban (16g, 43a = 59)
3/4. Hedman (12g, 45a = 57)
3/4. Letang (13g, 44a = 57)
5. Weber (17g, 39a = 56)
6. Yandle (12g, 42a = 54)
7. McDonagh (14g, 37a = 51)
8. Pietrangelo (11g, 37a = 48)
9. Keith (7g, 40a = 47)
10. Doughty (13g, 32a = 45)

And here in lies the PROBLEM. I did not see one Boston Bruin player in any of the 3 pages of predictions....

This is the reason we have not won more then one cup the last five years and it is the reason we wont win any more...UNLESS Dougie joins the top five above, which is not impossible this season IMO.

This is what I have been saying and getting smacked around here for from time to time....But it is a fact.........Without this type player, we aint winning the cup. It is that simple folks.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is it just me, without checking, that only 1 or 2 of these guys have been on a Stanley Cup winning team.

Real hard hitting evidence here. :shakehead

ummm...................yep.

:laugh:

Never even minding the FACT that we have three guys on the team with a realistic chance to hit 40 points this year. You know... Half the entire defense is actually "this type of player."

Over/under on how long this thread lasts? Someone had better be backing this POV up with something not entirely idiotic.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The post wanted predictions on the Top Ten scoring DMEN in the coming NHL season...I scrolled through the three pages and the consensus is that these are pretty much the guys give or take a guy or two here or there......

5. Weber (17g, 39a = 56)
9. Keith (7g, 40a = 47)

And here in lies the PROBLEM. I did not see one Boston Bruin player in any of the 3 pages of predictions....

This is the reason we have not won more then one cup the last five years and it is the reason we wont win any more...UNLESS Dougie joins the top five above, which is not impossible this season IMO.

This is what I have been saying and getting smacked around here for from time to time....But it is a fact.........Without this type player, we aint winning the cup. It is that simple folks.

This looks like one of my posts when I have an agenda- and I have many- what is the real meaning of this?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'll bite.

Was the reason they lost to the Blackhawks a year ago the lack of a scoring defenseman? If Bergeron is healthy and Seguin produces/they get a bounce in OT and win the series then how does your argument look?

Is it great to have a scoring defenseman? Sure.

Is it great to have Vezina goaltending? Absolutely.
Necessary to win a cup? Nope.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Would be hard pressed to find any forwards on the bruins who would be near the top of the league in scoring too. Yet as a team they're pretty consistently productive.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'll bite.

Was the reason they lost to the Blackhawks a year ago the lack of a scoring defenseman? If Bergeron is healthy and Seguin produces/they get a bounce in OT and win the series then how does your argument look?

Is it great to have a scoring defenseman? Sure.

Is it great to have Vezina goaltending? Absolutely.
Necessary to win a cup? Nope.

Also, the Bruins HAVE some scoring defensemen!

It's like me arguing that we don't have any great centers. Actually though, we DO.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

5. Weber (17g, 39a = 56)
9. Keith (7g, 40a = 47)

This is why I take August off.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Krug could probably crack the top ten, he tied for 23rd last year. The difference between 23rd and 10th was 8 points last year. Also Chara was 23rd in defence scoring last year. I am not concerned about the offence from our defence. Chara, Krug and Hamilton (who had a 32 point pace over 82 games last year) will lead the way.

The Bruins have 3 guys who are pretty much locks to score around or above 30 points from defence.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006

5. Weber (17g, 39a = 56)
9. Keith (7g, 40a = 47)

The B's had Ray Bourque for 20 yrs and in that time how many cups did they win.
I believe Ray was among the top scoring D in the league.
Sort of kills your theory.
Duffy in Mineville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad